Copying profiles from one network to another in SM

SOLVED
Jacko
Here to help

Copying profiles from one network to another in SM

Hi,

i've created a new network within SM for another company within the group of companies i work for.

I simply want to copy an existing profile from an existing network into the new network to save me having to re-create all the settings from scratch. But.....it doesn't seem to be that simple.

I know that i can copy an existing profile to a new one but seemingly only within the same network.

Surely there's a way around this as it must be a popular action to do for many admins.

Any help appreciated, thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Melissa
Meraki Alumni (Retired)
Meraki Alumni (Retired)

@Jacko 

When you create a new profile in your new network, select "Copy another profile" and toggle through the dropdown menu. This should show all profiles in all networks in a dashboard organization (below):

Hope this helps!

Screen Shot 2018-03-20 at 2.56.21 PM.png

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I don't know of anyway to do this.

I would try opening a support ticket in case they have a tool to do it, but I wouldn't get your hopes up.

Melissa
Meraki Alumni (Retired)
Meraki Alumni (Retired)

@Jacko 

When you create a new profile in your new network, select "Copy another profile" and toggle through the dropdown menu. This should show all profiles in all networks in a dashboard organization (below):

Hope this helps!

Screen Shot 2018-03-20 at 2.56.21 PM.png

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

That doesn't let you copy between organisations, or perhaps I has mis-understood the original issue.

Actually Melissa is right.

However first time i tried it, it wouldn't show any other profiles so i assumed it wasn't cross-network aware.

But having tried it again it did indeed show ALL profiles from ALL networks. I chose the copy from other profile option and saved the page, however it sat at the "saving" stage for well over an hour. I refreshed the page and the profile was there all ready for me.

So, case closed, many thanks for your contributions guys.

Melissa
Meraki Alumni (Retired)
Meraki Alumni (Retired)

@PhilipDAth - that's right, dashboard will not let you copy profiles between dashboard ORGs, but you can between different networks in a single org.  (I wish we had this! I submitted this request.)

It sounds like in this case @Jacko is looking to copy profiles between networks (in one org) and not between orgs. 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels