Clients showing up as "unknown" without any information

wetsandwich
New here

Clients showing up as "unknown" without any information

Wondered if anyone else was experiencing this issue where a couple clients or so at a time would suddenly show up as unknown without any identifying information when you click it. 

I don't want to delete them because they could be legitimate clients with msi that suddenly is not talking back. 

3 REPLIES 3
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Is the traffic flow for the clients symmetric?  i.e. Does all traffic to and from them pass through the MX?

Perhaps the clients are generating to little data for the system to account for them.

Adam
Kind of a big deal

So they show up normally for a while and then switch to showing up as unknown?  Is this for machines that are maintaining connectivity to the network or traveling/wireless machines?

Adam R MS | CISSP, CISM, VCP, MCITP, CCNP, ITILv3, CMNO
If this was helpful click the Kudo button below
If my reply solved your issue, please mark it as a solution.

Its hard to tell yet because all the fields are blank or have the word unknown in it. My assumption is they are existing clients mobile or not. We have ONLY laptops and desktop machines both windows and ios based on our implementation of SM. I'm not sure how they would show up if they weren't already there and ones we manually installed the meraki agent on. 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels