Cisco Meraki Dashboard

Hem
New here

Cisco Meraki Dashboard

My organisation has changed its broadband provider and also its filtering (transparent).

Before the changes settings were set in Cisco Meraki Dashboard so that the SSID, proxy server and port were added. The new filtering does not require a server address or port. It does require a certificate which I have added to the MDM. 

I forgot to remove the proxy server and proxy before the switch to the new provider, and the certificate did not push not to any iPads before the switch. I now have several devices that cannot reach out to the internet. I have connected to several other networks but the internet does not work on the device. The iPads are effectively bricked. I have used DEP and cisco meraki dashboard to setup the iPads (not Apple Configurator 2).

Does anyone know a way to get around this problem?

5 REPLIES 5
vassallon
Kind of a big deal

@Hem 

Is it possible to bring the Proxy server back online? If not, you are going to have to reset all of those iPads because without the proxy server they have no way to check into Meraki to receive the updated profiles.

We had that happen to us once when Meraki allowed spaces in the Proxy web address, we accidentally put a space in front of the address so there was no way they could receive any content as it was a non existent address. Meraki has since fixed it so you cannot put any spaces into the proxy address.

Found this helpful? Give me some Kudos! (click on the little up-arrow below)

@Hem  Can you push the certificate to the device using Apple Configurator?  Or are they set not to allow USB connections?

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I'm assuming they are connecting via WiFi?

Configure a mobile hot spot using the same SSID and security settings.  You might need to disable any APs in the immediate area to prevent then from interferring.

Bring the iPads close enough to attach and get their new config.  Once all the iPads have their new config, put everything back to how it was.

@PhilipDAth 

That's a great idea but I believe the issue is they are stuck looking for a proxy server that no longer exists or they cannot find. 

That's one of the wonderful joys of using proxies that if you get it wrong, the server dies or goes offline the iPad is bricked until it can contact the server to route traffic.

As the profile was pushed out through Meraki, AC2 cannot remove the profile as they are locked through the Meraki MDM.

Trust me, I tried when we had the incorrect web address in the iPads.

Found this helpful? Give me some Kudos! (click on the little up-arrow below)

In that case create a new VLAN on the MX using the same IP subnet as the original proxy used.  Put a machine into that subnet using the original proxies IP address.

They install a free proxy server like Squid.

http://www.squid-cache.org/ 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels