Cant deploy CalDAV via iOS Calendar setting

SOLVED
Tom-B
Here to help

Cant deploy CalDAV via iOS Calendar setting

Trying to add an iOS Calendar via Meraki but cannot get it to deploy. Receiving the following error in device logs:

Jun 05 16:19 Update profile 'XXXX.XXX'
Error: The field “CalDAVUseSSL” is invalid.

Code: 1000
Domain: MCProfileErrorDomain

Error: The profile “XXXX.XXX” is invalid.
Error: The payload “XXXX.XXX” is invalid.
Error: The field “CalDAVUseSSL” is invalid.

Adding the calendar on the iPad manually works. Doesn't work with either use SSL to true or false.
I am just trying to add a Gmail calendar at this point.

Any suggestions?

Cheers,
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
RohitRaj
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Hello @Tom-B ,

Just to update you, your issue should now be fixed. Please confirm the same and let me know. If you continue to face problems, I would recommend updating your case so the support engineer can update the internal teams of the same. 

If this was helpful, click the Kudos button below.
If your issue was resolved, we request you to mark the post resolved so other users can benefit in future

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
AlexC
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Hi @Tom-B 

Have you checked if Apple Configurator have a similar Managed App payload?

If so, you can create the .mobileconfig file and upload it to System Manager for deployment.

I would also recommend reaching out to our support team so they can point you in the right direction for this one. You can open a support case via dashboard under Help > Get Help menu.

Cheers,

Please mark it as a solution if solved your issue so others can benefit from it 🙂

Thanks Alex.

I've created in AC2 and uploaded to Meraki - deploys fine and calendar works.

Doesnt seem to work within Meraki even if I have SSL enabled or disabled. Just getting: Error: The field “CalDAVUseSSL” is invalid.

I've logged with support but not getting anywhere quickly:

Those error code are from Apple end and not really Meraki MDM error codes. From Apple support the error code Code: 1000 Domain: MCProfileErrorDomain, the deploy seems to be missing .mobileconfig wireless profile
https://documentation.meraki.com/SM/Device_Enrollment/Enrolling_and_Supervising_iOS_Devices_using_Ap...)

RohitRaj
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Hello @Tom-B ,

Can you share the support case number with us, we can reach out to Support and help move this forward?

If your issue was resolved, we request you to mark the post resolved so other users can benefit in future

Thankt RohitRaj,

Support rep has been able to verify the dashboard is saving the profile incorrectly so I think we're nearing a fix (03929817):

Hi Tom,

Never mind I found the issue by just using a fake server and checking the value. The dashboard saves it as true-false value which is incorrect. I'll let you know when it's fixed.

Regards,

RohitRaj
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Hello @Tom-B ,

Thank you for the information. I reached out to the support engineer. As support was able to reproduce this issue, the development team was engaged. 

As an update, they were able to find the problem fairly quickly. We should have a fix in the next 1 or 2 days. 

Note: I checked with my internal teams, apologies for requesting your case number. This information is private to you and there is no need to request it on a public forum. For your account safety and security please refrain from providing your case information even if asked by us. Instead, you can reach support directly for any assistance through the case. 

Apologies for any misunderstandings. 

RohitRaj
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Hello @Tom-B ,

Just to update you, your issue should now be fixed. Please confirm the same and let me know. If you continue to face problems, I would recommend updating your case so the support engineer can update the internal teams of the same. 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels