Bulk IPAD order (advice & suggestions)

MikeMandalorian
A model citizen

Bulk IPAD order (advice & suggestions)

So i just received 115 ipads that will be added into DEP and obviously into Meraki.

this is the largest order I have  processed at once and i have a few concerns 

I have preassigned tag numbers to each school, and i have received a excel doc of all the serials from my vendor when i apply the order number to DEP and push them to Meraki ** Are they going to be in the same order that the CSV file i have from vendor **

I want to stream line this as much as possible with out over thinking it ( to late by the way lol) 

So I am basically just asking for suggestions and advice 

5 REPLIES 5
MRCUR
Kind of a big deal

If you are assigning a tag number (I'm assuming you mean an asset tag) to a serial, then the CSV order doesn't much matter. The serials aren't going to change, so just be sure you assign the correct number to the correct physical iPad. 

MRCUR | CMNO #12

but the serials will be split up into one network but different profiles/settings with different settings for each County they are in.
thats why im wondering if the order i have of serials from vendor will be the same when i push them to Meraki via DEP

I wouldn't count on the CSV order being the same as how the DEP import comes. 

MRCUR | CMNO #12

yea thats what im worried about lol,, i haven't assigned tags to serials yet , waiting on that , still have 115 cases to open and prep lol

From the looks of my dashboard, Meraki orders them alphabetically. After syncing over the order/serials from DEP you can always mass-check tags to apply to devices. Are your users enrolling these? If they are tied to an AD group you could scope out your configuration profiles and apps that way. The profiles and apps would pop down accordingly when they go to DEP. Just make sure you disable log out of the SM app (if you deploy that). 

Find this helpful? Click the kudos button. Thanks!
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels