Blank user/username in SM

JEntelo
Conversationalist

Blank user/username in SM

Over half of my SM devices (90+) now have a dash mark where the username used to be.

I've tried all I can, but this is a real issue because my computer names are all generic IDs. It's very difficult to determine whose device is whose. The answer from Support was that the fix was to compile the most recent SM update into our account. That was done and the agent was re-checked in and the computer restarted. Even after waiting a day the user/username fields are still blank.

Screen Shot 2018-10-19 at 9.57.33 AM.png
I do have an owner listed for a few devices, but not all and since that information is static, it's essential susceptible to change and is basically only a note.

7 REPLIES 7
MikeMandalorian
A model citizen

I have the same issue with all of my Ipads , I went through added who is who on the Notes and then added that into the Columns 

Were the user/username fields once populated and aren't anymore?

Nope , nothing ever populated 

jared_f
Kind of a big deal

Is the user the owner of the device? Try adding the owner option with the plus button.Screen Shot 2018-10-21 at 1.44.10 PM.png

Find this helpful? Click the kudos button. Thanks!
JEntelo
Conversationalist

Thanks for the reply jared_f, but what isn't displaying is "User" on the console summary page (all devices) and "Last user" as it appears in a device's profile. Using the Owner fields is the only thing that is working.

I dont think I've ever seen this field populated.

User/Last user info is definitely pretty important to me and I use it every day to see who is using what when. As mentioned, half of my user fields are populated still and the others are now blank (with a dash mark). I can't really take a screenshot without heavy editing that shows that half are dashes and the others are populated correctly with the user's login name.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels