Best Practices for Multiple Profiles On ios devices

Brain
New here

Best Practices for Multiple Profiles On ios devices

I am managing a school and we have multiple profiles based on classroom or grade which consists of different apps and wallpapers basically. But the wifi is usually the same, which is on our students ssid.  I have been adding multiple profiles to the devices; one being the class or the grade and then I created a separate wifi profile for the student ssid.  Is this the best, or right way to manage ios devices? 

2nd question:  Is there a set of rules or policies I could be using to force the devices to that wifi and not allow connectivity to other ssids if this one is available? 

Reason for the questions:  we have had multiple devices disconnect from the student ssid, and then the kids will just select our guest network or nothing at all - meaning I cannot manage the device anymore.. which is frustrating.  Also kids will create a wifi hotspot on their phones and switch to that, that happens more with out windows devices as I have the ipads restricted from most anything fun they could use it for. 

Ideally, I would like to lock it into the one SSID and not allow connection to any other wireless network - Can that be done? 

3 REPLIES 3
BrechtSchamp
Kind of a big deal

Yes, you can install multiple profiles to devices as a way to structure your settings so imo you're doing it the right way.

Regarding the ssid restrictions. Have you seen the "Enforce SSID whitelisting" option in the restrictions section for the profiles. Pretty sure that's what you need.

I will take a look at the whitelisting option in the restrictions section. As for setting up multiple profiles, doing it the right way... is there a guideline of what the right way is? Thank You for the reply
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels