Apps not auto installing after enrolment

hd_IT
Comes here often

Apps not auto installing after enrolment

the following is happening on All networks / all devices.

Hello,

When we enrol devices here, the apps that are set to auto-install are not sending the prompt to install. I have to manually send the request via the app in Meraki.

Last year, the apps that were set to auto enroll, would send a prompt to the devices to install. This was moments after enrolment. This is not happening here this year. This is especially handy for the Merak Systems Manager app, as the rest of the apps can be installed via this one.

Users are enrolling but not getting the Meraki app, this is causing confusion.

Thank you,
Regards,

7 REPLIES 7
BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@hd_IT  I have a few questions

1. How are the devices setup, are they supervised?

2. Are you using tags to scope the apps to the devices?

3. If you look at the event log for one of the affected devices is it reporting any errors?

1. Not supervised, and never have been. Was working fine without supervision. This was working fine last year.

2. No tags. Apps install to all devices.

3. Have looked at activity log, no errors. Just mention of app being queued for install.

The notification will come up 20 minutes after enrolment - not within 5 minutes like it used too.

ShaquilleDaniel
Here to help

@hd_IT try this: navigate to MANAGE > Apps > Select the app in question > Scroll down to "Approval Status" and be sure to approve the permissions.

You can approve for this initial install or all future permissions request. The latter, from my experiences, allows the permissions to be aromatically be granted in the future. Hope this helps

Hello,

Thank you the reply, I do not see that 'Approval Status' section you have mentioned.

I am pushing out apps via 'device management VPP licenses'

?

Thank you,

saihaynes
Conversationalist

Hi,

First off I'd look at factoring in supervision of your devices at some point, it really does give you extra management/security scope.

Have you ruled out firewall/ports and the like, if you hotspot a device does it behave in the same way? 

hd_IT
Comes here often

Hello,

Meraki Systems Manager will not install automatically even on a supervised device.

I have got several iPads setup and are on DEP. Meraki is set to auto install - but it is isn't, even on a supervised device.

ShaquilleDaniel
Here to help

@hd_IT were you able to resolve your issue?

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels