Apple TV "invalid certificate" error when setting up

SOLVED
gb111
Here to help

Apple TV "invalid certificate" error when setting up

Hi, I am having trouble integrating an Apple TV 4K in Meraki. After preparing it in Apple Configurator 2.7, once I give it the command to load from the MDM on the Apple TV itself, it gives the error of "invalid certificate".

Does anyone have a solution/suggestion for this?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
gb111
Here to help

My bad, did not notice that the free trial ended. Everything normal, just misunderstood that the one with the limited amount of devices was still used.
Suggestion: for those trying Meraki SM, when the first month ends maybe put a red alert at the top saying that there are no licenses available or free trial ended.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
jared_f
Kind of a big deal

Are you enrolling your Apple TV into DEP or just using the manual enrollment payload? 

Find this helpful? Click the kudos button. Thanks!

Manual enrollment with supervision activated.

gb111
Here to help

This is the screen after choosing setup with remote configuration.

IMG_8698.png

jared_f
Kind of a big deal

Are you using authentication? That may be causing the problem. Also, make sure you have the Meraki certificates selected when enrolling devices. If not, they won’t ping the server resulting in errors.

Find this helpful? Click the kudos button. Thanks!
gb111
Here to help

My bad, did not notice that the free trial ended. Everything normal, just misunderstood that the one with the limited amount of devices was still used.
Suggestion: for those trying Meraki SM, when the first month ends maybe put a red alert at the top saying that there are no licenses available or free trial ended.
aws_architect
Building a reputation

Did you still had the problem after putting license ?

We have the same on 5 apple tv and we have a lot of license.

I actually moved away from Meraki for now.

With manageengine everything worked.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels