Apple TV deployment guide needed for Meraki SM and Apple DEP

CHAadmin
Getting noticed

Apple TV deployment guide needed for Meraki SM and Apple DEP

I noticed that a recently purchased Apple TV appeared in our DEP section and I would like to manage it in SM, but can't seem to find any documentation from Meraki on the relevant DEP settings for enrollment or the relevant settings profiles. Anyone rolled out 4th-gen Apple TVs using DEP and Meraki SM?

4 Replies 4
SCBenoit
Conversationalist

We're about to try this as well, you're ahead of us so I'll be watching to see what you find out.

Thanks for posting the question.

Steve

SASTech
New here

We have the same question and cannot seem to find an answer anywhere. Any luck?

jared_f
Kind of a big deal

@CHAadmin @SASTech @SCBenoit,

I have deployed the new Apple TV 4K with Meraki and it is very easy. Here is the settings I assigned within DEP. *Make sure you add a phone/email. From a profile standpoint, the only profile I know that works from within Meraki is the WiFi profile. But, if you have a Mac, download Apple Configurator 2 from the App Store and you could use the conference room display and a few other profiles there (I believe AirPlay security is one also)! Just create them and upload them.

Screen Shot 2018-01-29 at 3.43.43 PM.png

Just note that in order for the device to go through DEP you are going to have to reset the Apple TV if you have already set it up!

Hope this helps and let me know if you have any other questions,

Jared

Find this helpful? Click the Kudos button!

Find this helpful? Click the kudos button. Thanks!

Is this a completely hands-off deployment or do you still have to use the remote to walk through the first few steps?

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels