Apple School Manager's new location tokens for Apps and Books - Meraki support yet?

KevinMenzel
Conversationalist

Apple School Manager's new location tokens for Apps and Books - Meraki support yet?

Apple fired off an email saying that in the next few weeks (so... soon?), Apple School Manager users will see the new Apps and Books functionality introduced. With this comes the location VPP tokens instead of the current ... apple ID-based (legacy) VPP tokens. So I'm wondering if Meraki System Manager is going to support the new tokens right away (or if anyone who happens to be both a Meraki user and an Apple School Manager beta user happens to know if this already works?) - or if I'm going to break my app licencing when this change happens?

2 REPLIES 2
KevinMenzel
Conversationalist

In case anyone is wondering about this, I moved to Apps and Books yesterday and everything with Meraki seems fine. I imported the new location based tokens. The only outstanding issue that I can see at the moment is that Meraki's MDM page requires you put an email address in for every VPP token, and location based tokens no longer require that from Apple's side. To make this work, I've just been making up fake email addresses with a .invalid domain so that all the other Meraki admins at my school board know that they aren't real addresses. Everything else seems to work just like it did before (except for the drastically improved license management on the Apple side with Apple School Manager compared to the VPP store)

Melissa
Meraki Alumni (Retired)
Meraki Alumni (Retired)

@KevinMenzel Good news! Support for location based tokens is here 🙂

Check out this post

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels