Apple School Manager Classes are Showing Up as Groups with Numbers (Not Names)

JCarey
Getting noticed

Apple School Manager Classes are Showing Up as Groups with Numbers (Not Names)

I am testing out configurations for ASM. I set up a test class with a test teacher and 2 students. I named the Class iPad in ASM. However, in Meraki (and what is pushed out to iPads) is instead a code. Anyone else had this issue? I'm including some screen shots. First is the configuration in ASM. The 2nd is how it appears in Meraki after sync. Third is end point at iPad.

Screen Shot 2018-06-28 at 7.40.39 AM.pngScreen Shot 2018-06-28 at 7.41.09 AM.pngIMG_0E789202A3B0-1.jpeg

6 REPLIES 6
vassallon
Kind of a big deal

I would try doing another ASM sync on the owners page and seeing if it corrects itself otherwise I would suggest opening a case with Meraki. 

One thing I will recommend from experience is to get an export from your SIS setup as soon as possible as that can take a bit of doing to get everything exporting correctly.

Found this helpful? Give me some Kudos! (click on the little up-arrow below)

Multiple syncs as well as deleting and creating a new class have resulted in this.

Our SIS does not syn with ASM.

vassallon
Kind of a big deal

I was able to recreate your result with my ASM that has worked fine all year with SIS imports through SFTP.

ASM.PNG

I would most definitely say this is buggy behavior and needs a support case with Meraki. 

Hmmm. Do you think it's a relatively new bug? What's weird, it shows up fine in SchoolWork!

vassallon
Kind of a big deal

Yes, I would say it is a new bug likely caused from the release of Schoolwork. I know with the Synergy SIS that I have to build my own custom Queries to get the data out in CSV format that I need for ASM to work correctly. It's definitely worth your time to find some way to export the data out of your SIS as managing it all by hand will be quite cumbersome.

I am working on that as we speak... Our SIS is RenWeb and we need to fix our data entry protocols. However, it is getting better. Hopefully, by the time August rolls around this will be fixed. I put a call in so they have it in the record. I hope that others do so as well.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels