Apple ID for activation Lock

SOLVED
Greentree
Conversationalist

Apple ID for activation Lock

Hi,  Does anyone know what the Apple ID is that meraki use for DEP activation lock?  I have managed to get an iPad activation locked and no longer have the bypass code.    does it use one of your apple business manager admins?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
vassallon
Kind of a big deal

@Greentree Yes, it will be using your primary ABM account. I assume that you are not able to unlock the iPad through the Meraki dashboard. If you aren't able to unlock it with your ABM account or Meraki, you can reach out to Apple and they can unlock with proof of ownership.

Found this helpful? Give me some Kudos! (click on the little up-arrow below)

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
vassallon
Kind of a big deal

@Greentree Yes, it will be using your primary ABM account. I assume that you are not able to unlock the iPad through the Meraki dashboard. If you aren't able to unlock it with your ABM account or Meraki, you can reach out to Apple and they can unlock with proof of ownership.

Is this new? I have been using Apple DEP with Meraki for years. Recently we have devices that are being locked with our main Apple Business manager Apple ID. These are devices that have never been touched and never had any Apple ID every signed in on them. If this is new, this is going to cause a huge problem. 

vassallon
Kind of a big deal

@Mdobs It was a "feature" that Meraki released about 4 months ago with little fanfare. Here is my original thread on this issue.

https://community.meraki.com/t5/Endpoint-Management-Systems/Activation-Locked-iPads/m-p/37600/highli...

If you are having issues there is an API script that can be ran and there are also new features in the dashboard to clear the activation locks en masse. 

One thing you do need to do is to clear the setting for Allow activation lock under Privacy and Lock settings.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels