App licenses not available in Meraki

SOLVED
cm380151
Here to help

App licenses not available in Meraki

Hi all,

I am trying to deploy an app onto some iPads at work, but am struggling to do so. I have tried the following:

• Go to Apple VPP
  • Purchase 60 of the app that I want, which should be well enough licenses.
  • Check to see in the purchase history in VPP and I can see I have the 60 licenses, and they are managed
  • Go to Meraki > System Manager > Apps and then "add app"
  • I select "iOS" as the platform, and "App Store app" as the app type
  • I type the app name in the search box, and change region to my local region
  • Switch purchase method to "VPP Device Assignment" as have done for other apps

This is where the license count shows 0, with no bar saying that I have used any at all. 

I have also tried importing the iOS app from the VPP, but it does not come up in the list of apps available to import.

Is there a step that I am missing or can someone please give me guidence on this issue?

Many thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@cm380151  You are not using that VPP account with another MDM at the same time are you? Doing so causes the issue you are seeing. 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Tom-B
Here to help

Sometimes I need to force sync VPP for my purchases to show (especially if purchased recently.

Systems Manager > VPP > Sync (top right)

vassallon
Kind of a big deal

Sounds like you are missing something from Organization > MDM > Apple VPP Accounts

I would double check that section and then make sure the licenses you purchased are in the correct location.

Found this helpful? Give me some Kudos! (click on the little up-arrow below)

I checked in there, and the, as far as I am awarre, correct Apple VPP account was under the Apple VPP section.

@cm380151  You are not using that VPP account with another MDM at the same time are you? Doing so causes the issue you are seeing. 

This was my issue! Using another VPP account with the MDM fixed it. A bit annoying but thats fine, as long as the end product is working well.

Good to hear, yes Apple recommend 1 VPP per MDM that you use. I learnt this the hard way as well. 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels