Android zero-touch enrollment — feedback wanted!

VictorM
Meraki Alumni (Retired)
Meraki Alumni (Retired)

Android zero-touch enrollment — feedback wanted!

Hey, all!

Today we're announcing that Systems Manager now support Android zero-touch enrollment.

For those who might be unfamiliar, zero-touch enrollment enables supported Android devices to automatically enroll in MDM during device setup, allowing devices to automatically receive profiles, apps, and configurations straight out of the box without the need for admin intervention.

We've outlined the steps to use zero-touch enrollment in our documentation here.

For those who are using, or plan to use this feature, we'd love to hear your feedback.

Please feel free to comment below or shoot me a PM if you'd like to share thoughts, suggestions, or your experience using zero-touch on Systems Manager.

1 REPLY 1
PeterJames
Head in the Cloud

Hi @VictorM ,

Thank you and thank you again!

It may be worth noting that Google does not list ALL compatible devices on their page; suppliers will be able to directly advise if a device can work with it. For instance you will see there are no Huawei devices listed. Additionally the Google help page [here] states 8.0+ but there are some compatible tablets compatible on 7.0+.

Android Zero-Touch Enrollment is just like Apple DEP, but one step behind.

What are the absolute minimum firewall rules required to get this working? I will try to keep all questions here (instead of support tickets) when I get back behind the wheel to test this out.

Thank you,

Peter James

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels