Android apps not saving credentials

Chris123
Comes here often

Android apps not saving credentials

Hi

I was wondering if anyone was having this issue and managed to resolve it. We have around 10 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 devices running a mixture of android 6.0.1 and 7.0 where they are not saving the application credentials. For example users are having to log in to Twitter and Facebook each time they close it or after a few minutes when it logs them out. Obviously this is a massive issue for specific users such as those involved in marketing as they cannot sign in each time they wish to post or do something. I have raised a ticket a while back and they are incredibly slow at getting back to me on this. 

I have removed the profile from the device and the issue still persists, this is running the latest android SM app. Removing the device from the Meraki and setting it up as a normal device resolves the issue. The issue also does not appear when we add the device as an android for work profile, only when deploying through device owner.

Thanks
Chris

2 REPLIES 2
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I haven't run into this issue using other Android phones.  Are they using the actual Twitter/Facebook apps, or the mobile version of the web sites?

They are using the actual applications. Meraki have managed to replicate the issue the in lab so hopefully have a fix for this soon.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels