Android Enterprise with Google managed domain

rehlers
Conversationalist

Android Enterprise with Google managed domain

I want to make sure I am making the right decision so I thought I would ask before committing any changes to my google managed domain.

I have 5 android work devices that I need to control.

We are currently and Google school so we have 1500 Chromebooks and are also BYOD. So kids are able to bring in laptops, android phones...ect

I think a few years back I tried this same thing and it ended up bringing ALL android devices on our network over and taking control over student devices. It literally was 10 minutes before I started receiving calls of a pop up that was being pushed to non school owned devices. This was close to 6 years ago that I tried this.

I just want to make sure if I create the token within my Google admin console. Then log into Meraki and bind my google managed domain into the MDM. That I wont be bringing in any devices until I manually sign up my individual work owned android devices.

3 Replies 3
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I don't know the answer.

You wont fully manage them unless they are wiped and put into device owner mode, however I think all of the machines would come under Meraki MDM management control in BYOD mode.

>That I wont be bringing in any devices until I manually sign up my individual work owned android devices.

My belief is your worst nightmare will be happenng.  They will all become managed in BYOD mode.  They wont have the Meraki MDM agewnt on them but they will become policy controlled.

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

What you could do is create a subdomain test.company.com, and enroll that as a Google managed domain, and test with that.

Or to be safe, create a brand new Google managed domain, managed.company.com (or something similar) and move machines across as you want them managed.

Thank you very much for your input and advice. I will look into this scenario. Its seems like it might be the route to take.
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels