Advice - Renewing MDM Certificate

jared_f
Kind of a big deal

Advice - Renewing MDM Certificate

HI All,

It is that time of the year where our Meraki push certificate needs to be renewed. Last time one of our techs did this it required all devices to be re-enrolled. Something happened and the task was completed when I was not there. How do you renew the certificate? I would like to create a new Apple ID just to managed our MDM certificates, DEP, and VPP all in one. Just want to make sure I have this down before doing it.

Jared

Find this helpful? Click the kudos button. Thanks!
4 REPLIES 4
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

MRCUR
Kind of a big deal

The trick is to not let the cert expire, make sure you renew it and don't upload the wrong cert! If any step is missed or done incorrectly, manual re-enrollment needs to happen. 

MRCUR | CMNO #12
jared_f
Kind of a big deal

Thanks all, just renewed our certificate and nothing seems interrupted. Sent out a lock command to a few of our test devices and it seems to be receiving MDM commands just fine.

Find this helpful? Click the kudos button. Thanks!
Diane
Getting noticed

You also have to be sure you renew the certificate using the SAME Apple ID. If you're like us there's an Apple ID for every day of the week because Apple forced you to make different ones for different purposes when VPP first came into existence.  If you renew using the wrong one you'll have to re-enroll.  Been there, done that.  Fortunately, I caught the error before I got more than 300 devices into it so I only had to re-enroll those.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels