Added a Win10 client but Live Tools are missing

SOLVED
rguthrie
Getting noticed

Added a Win10 client but Live Tools are missing

Hello community!

As described int he subject.... I've added a Windows 10 pro client to our network and it checks in and provides basic data; however, the Live Tools section is missing completely.

Steps taken to register device:

1. Installed SM agent via .msi package I provided via google drive. This installed, but it did not appear in our Device List.

2. Attempted to register via the m.meraki.com page and entering in our network ID/authenticating. Nothing happened there either. It just sat in "registering device" loop and offered a button to download the agent. Downloaded the agent from that link and set it aside.

3. Followed the "Windows Profile" instructions for Windows 10 and registered via the Access Work or school / Enroll in Device Management only. The machine appeared in our Client List, but there is no Live Tools section.

4. Ran the agent again... windows prompted that it was already installed and if we wanted to repair. We selected repair and it ran successfully.  System still does not reflect Live Tools in the Device Dashboard.

Any thoughts on this?  Did I miss an install or setting perhaps?  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
rguthrie
Getting noticed

Just replying to myself here...  it looks like it took a little patience.  Waiting a couple of hours wasn't enough.  This morning, the Live Tools appeared on the dashboard for that system. 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
rguthrie
Getting noticed

Just replying to myself here...  it looks like it took a little patience.  Waiting a couple of hours wasn't enough.  This morning, the Live Tools appeared on the dashboard for that system. 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels