Documentation related to Meraki Guarantee

SOLVED
RobustMeraki
Getting noticed

Documentation related to Meraki Guarantee

Hi Team,

i would like to have more Infos and proper documentation related to Meraki Gurarantee for Outdoor Access Points like MR76 and MG21E Gateway.

Is there any such documentation available?

Also I noticed that the Waranty period for the outdoor Access point is reduced to 1 year from 3 years. Is this true?

What can happen when the customer has 5 years license on the access point and the device stops working after 2 years that means the waranty period is already over. Will we get a free replacement for the hardware since we have the license still valid on the device or will we be rejected that because the waranty period is over. In the second case what will then happen with the remaining license years?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

As far as I'm aware the License can not be RMA'd. Again if the Hardware (Ap) was to fail outside it's warranty period, you would only need to buy a new AP and could re-assign that license to your new AP.

I can't find any documentation/certain terms that cover what the Warranty covers you for but usually, if a device is dead and no longer working, after troubleshooting with Meraki support they will determine if the device is under warranty and can be RMA'd. I've had numerous RMA's over my years and never had an issue with any device which is under warranty. I wouldn't read into it too much. 

Eliot F | Simplifying IT with Cloud Solutions
Found this helpful? Give me some Kudos! (click on the little up-arrow below)

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
MilesMeraki
Head in the Cloud

Have a read of this KB article which states the warranty periods for Meraki devices (https://documentation.meraki.com/General_Administration/Other_Topics/Returns_(RMAs)%2C_Warranties_an...)

In regards to your questions r.e the outdoor AP failing after 2 years with it having a 1-year warranty, no it would not be replaced via RMA due to the hardware being out of it's 1 year warranty period. If this situation were to happen I'd assume you would work with your Meraki sales rep who could assist in a new unit and would help with discounts to accommodate.

Regarding the question of not replacing the hardware. The license will remain in your org. In this scenario, you could maybe look at buying a newer hardware model. As the MR licenses aren't hardware specific you could assign the license to any model of MR device.

Hi Miles,

Thank you for the reply, Can I also do RMA for the Licenses if the Access Point doesnt work anymore and I have the licenses valid. Can these Licenses be RMAed?

2. Also With regard to the warranty, the question is also which services are actually covered: E.g. also damage due to weather, lightning or overvoltage?

As far as I'm aware the License can not be RMA'd. Again if the Hardware (Ap) was to fail outside it's warranty period, you would only need to buy a new AP and could re-assign that license to your new AP.

I can't find any documentation/certain terms that cover what the Warranty covers you for but usually, if a device is dead and no longer working, after troubleshooting with Meraki support they will determine if the device is under warranty and can be RMA'd. I've had numerous RMA's over my years and never had an issue with any device which is under warranty. I wouldn't read into it too much. 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.