Documentation Feedback: Meraki Licensing FAQs

MerakiCommunity
Community Manager

Documentation Feedback: Meraki Licensing FAQs

This is the community thread for feedback and questions on the documentation article Meraki Licensing FAQs.

8 REPLIES 8
MerakiCommunity
Community Manager

Please tell us your thoughts about this documentation article! Do you need any clarifications? Have questions? Think it's great?

Note that your comments will be public here on this documentation page and also on the Meraki Community Documentation Feedback board.

Insight_Larry
New here

If I replace an older MX with a newer one, do I get a credit for the unused portion of the old license? If not, can I apply the unused portion of the old license to the new one?

@Insight_Larry 
See the section in the document under, Do I have to buy more licenses every time I buy new hardware?

Some licenses can be carried forward and used on different models, and some licenses can be converted from one model to another for certain hardware replacements. You can contact support or sales for inquiries about specific models.

Cameron Moody | Documentation Manager, Cisco Meraki
JodyB
Just browsing

I bought a license for MS120-8LP but I have a MS120-8FP, will this license still work? The only difference I see is the PoE power budget is more on the FP then the LP.
Bruce
Kind of a big deal

@JodyB, no, the license has to match the switch model exactly (only exception is the MS390 switch models). You’ll need to talk to your reseller and get a RMA on the incorrect license and order the correct one.

JodyB
Just browsing

@Bruce Awesome, Thank you for the information!   Wishful thinking though! 

I can help you out with that if needs be?
SAWADOGO
Comes here often

Which two benefits are included as a part of Cisco Meraki licensing? (Choose two.)
A. entitlement to all firmware releases and cloud-managed security updates
B. 24/7 phone and email support with lifetime warranty
C. advanced replacement service fulfilled within 8 hours pending regional availability
D. access to purchase EOS/EOL Cisco Meraki hardware at a discount
E. extended refund window with a prorated restocking fee
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.