export_mx_l3.py error

MMoss
Building a reputation

export_mx_l3.py error

I'm using the python script from GitHub https://github.com/meraki/automation-scripts/blob/master/export_mx_l3.py and I'm receiving an output file that's just the headers and an error from the cmd prompt. I'm running this command with my API and Network ID python export_mx_l3.py -k <api_key> -n <net_id> and receiving this traceback. I've added a few notes to the file so the lines referenced will be different from the original code. I like to mess around with code, but I kind of suck at it, so if anyone knows what my mistake is I'd greatly appreciate the feedback.

HTTP Status Code: 404 - No returned data

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "export_mx_l3.py", line 87, in <module>
main(sys.argv[1:])
File "export_mx_l3.py", line 71, in main
for rule in fw_rules:
TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not iterable

4 REPLIES 4
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Are you sure your API key is correct?

MMoss
Building a reputation

I do, I used my key to pull a list of network ID's by inserting it into a web link and having them display. I've ran the python update and it's current, I also downloaded these two:

python -m pip install --upgrade requests
python -m pip install --upgrade meraki

with the exception of a few notes which are notated out the script is pretty much stock. 

MMoss
Building a reputation

Anyone else have any thoughts?

MMoss
Building a reputation

I was able to get this working VIA postman using the Network and API but still no luck on the Python code. I went back and double checked I had all of the dependencies installed and running in the correct director which I am to my knowledge. I feel like I've just overlooked a step unfortunately in the whole process which is where I'm being held up. I'm running the script out of this folder C:\Users\mmoss\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python37\Lib\site-packages which I think is the correct folder. 

Is there by chance a detailed walk through on some of these things or is it as is figure it out for yourselves?

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.