export_mx_l3.py error

MMoss
Building a reputation

export_mx_l3.py error

I'm using the python script from GitHub https://github.com/meraki/automation-scripts/blob/master/export_mx_l3.py and I'm receiving an output file that's just the headers and an error from the cmd prompt. I'm running this command with my API and Network ID python export_mx_l3.py -k <api_key> -n <net_id> and receiving this traceback. I've added a few notes to the file so the lines referenced will be different from the original code. I like to mess around with code, but I kind of suck at it, so if anyone knows what my mistake is I'd greatly appreciate the feedback.

HTTP Status Code: 404 - No returned data

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "export_mx_l3.py", line 87, in <module>
main(sys.argv[1:])
File "export_mx_l3.py", line 71, in main
for rule in fw_rules:
TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not iterable

4 Replies 4
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Are you sure your API key is correct?

MMoss
Building a reputation

I do, I used my key to pull a list of network ID's by inserting it into a web link and having them display. I've ran the python update and it's current, I also downloaded these two:

python -m pip install --upgrade requests
python -m pip install --upgrade meraki

with the exception of a few notes which are notated out the script is pretty much stock. 

MMoss
Building a reputation

Anyone else have any thoughts?

MMoss
Building a reputation

I was able to get this working VIA postman using the Network and API but still no luck on the Python code. I went back and double checked I had all of the dependencies installed and running in the correct director which I am to my knowledge. I feel like I've just overlooked a step unfortunately in the whole process which is where I'm being held up. I'm running the script out of this folder C:\Users\mmoss\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python37\Lib\site-packages which I think is the correct folder. 

Is there by chance a detailed walk through on some of these things or is it as is figure it out for yourselves?

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.