I am working with a library that threw out an interesting, but logical idea for their wireless system and I am kind of stumped to do it the exact way they desire. I am wondering if there is a way APIs can help me achieve this use case.
The workflow would look something like this:
- Single SSID for the library system (i.e. Library-WiFi)
- Open access to all, perhaps with a AUP or something
- Bandwidth (and content) would be throttled per device
- As an alternative, patrons with library cards could use their card number (something they keep record of in Active Directory) to gain elevated privileges to a user with a library card
- In other words, the bandwidth throttle is removed and potentially content filtering is lifted
At the time, they only have MRs to leverage, so no MX or MS, if that matters at all. Anyone got ideas? T.I.A.