Python API for Meraki Z3 wireless settings

Edgar-VO
Building a reputation

Python API for Meraki Z3 wireless settings

Hello,

Configuring the Meraki Z3, i come to the problem of not being able to configure the wireless setting using API

Is this even possible for this device ? I know the MX64 had a similar issue

Best regards

ed

6 Replies 6
Uberseehandel
Kind of a big deal

Have you investigated this - https://documenter.getpostman.com/view/7928889/SVmsVg6K?version=latest#02fae548-65f4-4e3e-918d-ef6a1... 

Robin St.Clair | Principal, Caithness Analytics | @uberseehandel
Edgar-VO
Building a reputation

Good Morning,

Yes.. i have checked the documentation. ... The API call using the SSID API works, and shows the changes in the configuration when you do a GET however i do not see this SSID working and not on the dashboard of the wireless setting of the Z3

@Edgar-VO 

If I understand you correctly, you are saying - 

When you use the API to create a SSID, you do not get an error message, but the SSID created does not function and does not appear on dashboard>wireless settings.

• Do you get any response to creating the SSID?
  • Is there any possibility that additional parameters are required to activate the SSID?
  • Using Dashboard>Wireless Settings, can a SSID with the same name as that used via the API be created (does it partially exist)?

I rarely use the Z3C presently as it does not (yet) attach to available WiFi networks. It is intended for use whilst travelling, very often I am in places which are shielded from external radio signals so the LTE does not work 🤕

Robin St.Clair | Principal, Caithness Analytics | @uberseehandel
Edgar-VO
Building a reputation

Morning,

We use the Z3 for home users which nowadays is gonna be more and more due to that Corona Panic. We need to deploy multiple Z3 devices with a SSID where the laptops will connect to automatically. Deploying multiple Z3's works however only one part is not working and that is configuring the wireless network options

If this is working we can sent the devices to the users home, they open a webpage, enter the serial number and within 10 minutes they should have a working solution... that is the idea... however the wireless setting need to be done manually now 😞

jonwarner
Meraki Alumni (Retired)
Meraki Alumni (Retired)

Hi,

It is possible to update the wireless settings of Z3 using API.

A Put REST API request to the URL https://api.meraki.com/api/v0/networks/{{networkId}}/ssids/<ssid #> with a body below

{
"name": "SSID Name",
"enabled": true
}

Edgar-VO
Building a reputation

Good Morning,

But that will only enable the SSID. I want to redirect it to a VLAN and also radius Server. Will the syntax be then :

{
"name": "SSID Name",
"enabled": true

"defaultVlanId": <XXX>

"radiusServers": [
{
"host": "0.0.0.0",
"port": 1812,
"secret": <secret>
}]
}

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.