Pulling Location analytics data programatically

SeanFFC
Here to help

Pulling Location analytics data programatically

We have 300+ sites that we would love to pull the previous day's Location analytics data from. Of course going to that page in the dashboard and clicking the CSV button 3x and switching to each site is a no go.

Unless I'm crazy, I don't see anything about this in the API documentation. On the scanning API I think I could basically start to build this data myself following the same rules that were laid out in the Location analytics documentation. But that's not really what I'm looking for.

I'm hoping that someone has already been down the path of programmatically getting each wireless network's ID (not the same as the network ID in the API) and stepping through each one and greping out the CSV data... or something even easier.

4 REPLIES 4
jdsilva
Kind of a big deal

The best way to do this is to work with the Scanning API, and not the Dashboard API.

https://developer.cisco.com/meraki/scanning-api/#!introduction

You can set up the Scanning API to send you a location steam that you can do with as you like. This is the data that makes up the location analytics.

Correct me if I'm wrong but to use the Scanning API, I'm going to have to reinvent the wheel so to speak when it comes to the method of determining visitors, loyalty, etc.

Whilst that is defiantly a way to go I'm also not loving the idea of having to stand up the resources around the scanning API. But that is definitely on our list so thanks for confirming that.

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Not a nice solution - but what about one of those apps that can record and play back mouse movements and clicks?

Playback of mouse clicks was on my list until I realized

1) All of the location IDs are in the html on the page so a simple loop can visit each page.

2) All of the "CSV" data is in each of those pages.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.