Site related to abortion policy in the USA blocked

jeffbulltech
New here

Site related to abortion policy in the USA blocked

Hello, trying to figure out why the URL https://www.abortionpolicyapi.com/ would be blocked by my Meraki Dashboard instance? 

I recognize that it might be triggering some automated filter (this is my home deployment, not connected to any corp/company policies so only the default Meraki rules are in place), but I'm concerned that especially here in the USA a URL that would grant access to info related to women's health care would get blocked. 

Any help would be appreciated.

3 Replies 3
ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

The dashboard itself is just the controlplane. Could be meraki mx content filter .

Or maybe your (dns) provider?

ToryDav
Building a reputation

It seems to have passed the check on my MX

ToryDav_0-1657304015552.png

Did you try to Allow List it manually? 

Make_IT_Simple
Meraki Alumni (Retired)
Meraki Alumni (Retired)

that site is not even categorized so content filtering won't block it. Just make sure you are not blocking the URL somewhere or blocking the site IPs (198.185.159.144 and .158 / 198.49.23.144 and 145). Just to make sure you didn't miss anything, just whitelist your computer, wait about 5 minutes and try again.

If the site is site blocked, try with a different DNS like 8.8.8.8, 1.1.1.1, and 9.9.9.9. If still doing the same thing, this could be something upstream blocking the site especially if your home router is in NAT mode.

Also, this could be something to do with your home public IP that was blocked on the server-side. If the MX is using a static IP, bypass the MX and connect your computer directly to the ISP router using the same static IP used by the MX and give it a test.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.