cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Dynamic MSP Dashboard Monitoring

Highlighted
Head in the Cloud

Need Dynamic MSP Dashboard Monitoring

If you are a Cisco Meraki MSP please Kudo's this post so we can force it to the top of the list so it gets attention.

When you go into the MSP Portal you get a nice static view of all your clients.  And that is the problem, it is static.

I want to be able to put the status of all clients we look after onto a big monitor.  If something goes wrong I want the display to dynamically update to show me something is broken.

I can't really use the graphical map anymore because the whole of our country is covered in Meraki devices we look after.  So I need this data in a table form.

Screenshot from 2017-09-14 11-19-09.png

You can go into Network and select to only statically display networks that are offline or alerting.  I need this table to be on my primary monitoring screen and to dynamically update as networks have devices going offline or alerting.  I need to be able to see only networks currently that have an issue.

Sure I could use the "Make a wish" option, but I have made many many wishes over time and not really had a result.  So time to try a new approach - the community forum.

Tags (1)
12 REPLIES
Conversationalist

Re: Need Dynamic MSP Dashboard Monitoring

THIS!!

MSP owner here, and we need this desperately as well. Would also be helpful if Cisco Meraki offered better documentation, and examples, of SNMP configurations for use in modern RMM solutions (actually thinking of starting another thread for users to post useful SNMP OIDs, tips, tricks, etc).

Getting noticed

Great point made and I do somewhat agree this is a draw back for MSP's which have large Meraki deployments. You could alternatively look at building your own by using the dashboard API or even just using SNMP to the devices?- https://documentation.meraki.com/zGeneral_Administration/Monitoring_and_Reporting/SNMP_Overview_and_...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Found this helpful? Give me some Kudos! (click on the little up-arrow below!)
Building a reputation

Is the menu option Organization > (Monitor) Overview not enough?

Personally I feel the dashboard is not great in reporting.

Thank you,
Peter James

Head in the Cloud

That only lets you monitor one Organisation.  Service providers need to be able to monitor all of their clients.

Building a reputation

I understand now.

We also would find this really useful, alongside the ability to create MSP logins.

Thank you,
Peter James

Head in the Cloud

Make sure you Kudo's the original post then.  :-)

We use a generic login on the MSP side (with two factor turned on) across all of our clients.  There is no easy way to add a login to all of the clients at once.

Building a reputation

*Tips the Kudo's hat*

New here

Agree that a dynamic MSP dashboard would be a great addition - we're using SNMP monitoring via a separate NMS already, but the dashboard would be handy for a NOC wallboard.

Also the ability to add accounts across multiple organisations would be ideal, remove the need to do it manually or use shared accounts.

New here

I agree - we ended up using API to build our own high-level monitoring dashboard that is dynamic... but we shouldn’t have had to! Get this in the DB!
Meraki Employee

@AlexJ I to encourage you to share your dashboard with the community. If you publish it to GitHub I'll put it on the website for all to see.

Colin
developers.meraki.com
Getting noticed

I gave Kudos to the original post as I do see value in this offering.

Perhaps the solution to this would be via the API.  For us what we are doing for a work around is using PRTG pointed at snmp.meraki.com.  This has allowed is to creat a dashboard in our NOC for real time monitoring.  This does take a bit to setup in terms of setting up PRTG, importing MIBs, and going through all of the sensor data that get pulled.  

Ryan 

Head in the Cloud

I've played with two approaches.  Using SNMP with PRTG (like you) and with using a custom XML sensor and calling the API directly.

Both approaches are painful.