Is there an parent Advisories Page, which is actually being updated?

its_Tricky83
Here to help

Is there an parent Advisories Page, which is actually being updated?

Is there an advisories page for Meraki?

This CISCO Meraki Customer Advisories does not have details about last nights scheduled maintenance.

I'd like a page that provides more detail relating to upcoming/scheduled/unscheduled maintenance and/or outages.

Preferably a page that can be subscribed to by email as well. Sorry for sounding needy, but hopefully I'm not alone in this request.

Last night there was maintenance and we all received a pop up within the dashboard, but it wasn't exactly detailed. And if I hadn't of gone into the dashboard, I wouldn't have known it was happening.

A number of dashboard issues started to plague us in the lead up to last nights maintenance window, but there wasn't any information on if those issues were being addressed in the scheduled maintenance.

These two issues were what I was most curious about:

- RSTP Root information for each switch was stuck loading.

- POE information for ports was not being generated. (No POE icon and no POE usage stats)

This morning, after the maintenance window, both issues appear to be resolved.

So I'd love for a reliable Advisories page, and I think it should be a permanent link under 'Announcements' at the top right. AND, I think that any time it is edited, the 'Announcements' needs to change in appearance.

3 REPLIES 3
DarrenOC
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Hi @its_Tricky83 , every Organisation and Network will be running different firmware versions so upgrade schedules differ.  You should be receiving notification prior to any scheduled upgrade?  Are you receiving those?

Within the dashboard, Organisation> Firmware upgrade page you’ll also see the various release notes for each firmware release.  These include bug fixes and known issues.

Darren OConnor | doconnor@resalire.co.uk
https://www.linkedin.com/in/darrenoconnor/

I'm not an employee of Cisco/Meraki. My posts are based on Meraki best practice and what has worked for me in the field.

Hi @DarrenOC , thanks for your quick response.

Yes we get advance notifications when maintenance directly relates to 'Firmware', but nothing for other events.

Last nights maintenance does not relate to Firmware updates, but rather; the Dashboard itself... although, I was reading between the lines of the limited information in the banner at the top so there was nothing more particular about the scheduled outage.

The advisories page only ever appears to advise on 'Security' incidents. It would be nice if this was expanded upon.

Even post-maintenance updates would be great. Like what you get for Microsoft Admin Centre.

Ah got you. You’re talking about when new features pop in the dashboard or when the dashboard may go offline.  Not something any of my networks or organisations have experienced.

@CarolineS , @MeredithW  - something a Meraki rep can comment on here?

Darren OConnor | doconnor@resalire.co.uk
https://www.linkedin.com/in/darrenoconnor/

I'm not an employee of Cisco/Meraki. My posts are based on Meraki best practice and what has worked for me in the field.
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.