Feature Request: Add License alerting

PhilThacker
New here

Feature Request: Add License alerting

Ran into an interesting case where one license procurement was overlooked or delayed by company provisioning teams. The delay took down entire client network due to "non-payment" putting operations teams into full emergency response.

Recommend Meraki add a license alert option that can be used to inform Network team using either a predefined period or client-designated period prior to expiration (e.g. 30, 15, or 7 days). 

Please let me know if there is better location to make this recommendation.

10 REPLIES 10
BrandonS
Kind of a big deal

Interesting.  I get so many license warnings across several dozen orgs at 90, 60, 30, 0 days that I was wondering if I could reduce them.  I suppose for a single org with a single admin it could be missed or disabled somehow.

- Ex community all-star (⌐⊙_⊙)
Inderdeep
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

It seems to be disabled i think 

Regards
Inderdeep

Regards/Inder
Cisco IT Blogs awarded in 2020 & 2021
www.thenetworkdna.com
BrandonS
Kind of a big deal

There is a setting under org > configure > settings that might be relevant?

Screen Shot 2021-03-30 at 9.54.16 AM.png

I saw that for each org and was hoping there was a global MSP-type setting.  I suppose this will have to do for now and we'll implement an annual audit to insure all org admins are updated.

Agreed.  It appears that you must manually set the licensing alert for each org.  

I see now.  I didn't realize you were a MSP and thought you meant one of your customers never saw the alert or something.  We are a small shop and I am admin for every org so at default get all the license alerts for every org and either deal with it myself or forward it off to someone to quote and procure, etc.

DarrenOC
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Hi @PhilThacker 

There are multiple ways of receiving these alerts.  There would have been a glaring Red Alert at the top of your dashboard as well which would tell you you have a license issue.

I guess your client also learnt a lesson for non payment!

Darren OConnor | doconnor@resalire.co.uk
https://www.linkedin.com/in/darrenoconnor/

I'm not an employee of Cisco/Meraki. My posts are based on Meraki best practice and what has worked for me in the field.

Yeah, that's great for admins for single enterprises. The challenge is when you have a large number of clients and need to track expirations to insure your procurement team is not on delay.  thnx!

@PhilThacker 

You assume sir. We also have a large number of clients and Orgs.

Darren OConnor | doconnor@resalire.co.uk
https://www.linkedin.com/in/darrenoconnor/

I'm not an employee of Cisco/Meraki. My posts are based on Meraki best practice and what has worked for me in the field.
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

This sounds like something you could easily do yourself using the API.  Just walk across all your orgs as frequently as you want and generate any response that you want.  If you have a monitoring platform, feeding the data into that might be good.

https://developer.cisco.com/meraki/api-v1/#!get-organization-licenses-overview 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.