Custom Client Analytics in Dashboard

NeilB
Getting noticed

Custom Client Analytics in Dashboard

Hi,

I'm going to raise this as a feature request as well, but thought i'd post on here as well for additional visibility.

Currently, there is only the option to view client stats for the last 2 hours, last day (24 hours), last week or last month.

It would be very handy if we could break this down with a custom filter to see what happened in a 2 hour period at any point during the full period available (last 30 days). 

We occasionally have some issues where we need to find out what a client has visited in the past and this feature would be very helpful.

Cheers

Neil

4 REPLIES 4
ccnewmeraki
Getting noticed

We push URLs via syslog into graylog which allows us see what time each request was made.

Hi @ccnewmeraki 

Yeah, seems like a good idea. 

Its more from a context type thing, in terms of viewing amount of traffic flowing for all protocols, how Meraki group things all in one area. 

If for example we are seeing heavy traffic flows or have had reports of them at a certain point in time, we can go back and see what that client was doing briefly. i.e. was SCCM pushing a large amount of data, or was the AV app doing an update etc.

Don't really want to have to goto another app to get the data that should already be retained by Meraki. 🙂 

jdsilva
Kind of a big deal

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

>It would be very handy if we could break this down with a custom filter to see what happened in a 2 hour period at any point during the full period available (last 30 days). 

I can't see this functionality being added.  At the moment the statistics are sumarised, which means the storage space is fixed would be fairly reasonable and the compute power to bring those statistics up minimal.

To be able to look at the data for any 2 hour period during a 30 day window would require a lot more storgage, RAM for caching and CPU to process the queries.

It would change the cost basis for proding the solution.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.