Alerting

Adam
Kind of a big deal

Alerting

Do you guys know of anyway, using the dashboard or APIs, to get a summary of alerting devices?  I just happen to stumble into one of my networks in the switch section and noticed it said. "Unable to fetch configuration. This device is unable to fetch its configuration from the Meraki cloud. Please contact Meraki Support." I called support and I guess it failed its internal NTP check and likely just needs an after-hours reboot.  But this got me to thinking that I don't really have a way to proactively review any alerting devices.

Even if I go to Organization>Overview and select the 'Devices' tab it wouldn't show that device as alerting there. 

Another element that would be useful to have a report or dashboard would be any ports with high CRC errors. 

Any input or feedback is appreciated and kudo'd.  

Adam R MS | CISSP, CISM, VCP, MCITP, CCNP, ITILv3, CMNO
If this was helpful click the Kudo button below
If my reply solved your issue, please mark it as a solution.
3 Replies 3
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

This API will return the status of all devices:

https://api.meraki.com/api_docs#list-the-status-of-every-meraki-device-in-the-organization

You can show networks that have an alerting device in it in the Organisation/Overview page.  Click on the search box and select a "Status" of "Alerting".

Screenshot from 2018-09-28 07-50-24.png

You can use the same search on the Devices tab.

Screenshot from 2018-09-28 07-52-13.png

lpopejoy
A model citizen

Agree @Adam.  I have the same concern.  We currently have nearly 100 organizations we are managing.  We need a better way to identify problematic sites.  Even the API doesn't return satisfactory detail here.

Adam
Kind of a big deal

Tried that @PhilipDAth and I don't think it is entirely accurate.  I believe that may only trigger on devices that are alerting for connectivity reasons.  See below screenshots. Network-wide overview search of alerting devices is 0.  But clearly, some are alerting. 

Capture.PNG

Capture2.PNG

Adam R MS | CISSP, CISM, VCP, MCITP, CCNP, ITILv3, CMNO
If this was helpful click the Kudo button below
If my reply solved your issue, please mark it as a solution.
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.