cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please introduce yourself [Aug 2017 - Feb 2019]

New here

Re: Please introduce yourself

Hello. Just an IT user of Meraki looking to add to my toolbox.

New here

I'm Dave.  I'm a Sr Network Admin and we have Meraki switches, router/firewall, and WAPs deployed.

New here

I'm SysAdmin for an INGO and we currently have Cisco Meraki wireless and switches deployed in a few US based offices.

Conversationalist

G’day, Dom from the ATO. Small Cisco Meraki network around Australia helping out the taxation and super systems for all of Australia.  Cisco Meraki rocks.  

Conversationalist

Nathan, IT Manager - Meraki user and fan

New here

Hi there

My name's Dave, IT generalist, I work in Melbourne Australia for a library service. We've got 9 libraries plus a Head Office. We've just deployed new Meraki APs to all locations and I'm loving the cloud management aspect. We may even go with Meraki switches, cameras and firewalls in future.

Regards

:-)

New here

Hi All,  I'm Mike, I work for a IT Managed Services company as an Engineer.

Currently interested in further exploring SD-WANs and where they may fit in with our client's needs.

New here

Hello, 

Dan here. Technical Project Manager, using Meraki MR32 and 74 APs. We deploy them at sporting events around the country and world. 

Conversationalist

Hello my name is Jacob. I work for UMASSMemorial Healthcare in Worcester, MA. We utilize Meraki for all our small Dr. office and remote facilities sites. I stay very busy with my family, especially my twin 4yr old girls.

New here

Hi, My name is Jay and I am a network and Systems admin.  Just this year we replaced our ailing Meru wireless system with Meraki's wireless system. I have to say I am pleased with it so far but I have limited experience with Meraki up to this point. I am joining this community to try to pick up tips, tricks and technical solutions to any problems that arise.

New here

Conversationalist

Hello Everyone..I work at BHPi in Downtown Detroit. We just put in a Meraki Wireless solution here about 6 months ago. We are loving it!!
New here

Hi,  

I am David Russell.  I am the network architect for Dow Jones.

We have been using Meraki security appliances and APs for a couple of years and just rolled out our global regional hub solution using the BGP feature.

David 

New here

So, I forgot to uncheck the Email me when someone replies box. Please, please, please, please tell me there is a way to undo this setting after it has posted.

New here

So, I forgot to uncheck the Email me when someone replies box. Please, please, please, please tell me there is a way to undo this setting after it has posted.

New here

IT Manager....Meraki user for the last 3 years. Love all the products, support, and sales staff.

Here to help

Work in a small, 3 branch library, town where I am the IT department, so Meraki has been a blessing in disguise.  I am the IT person because I liked computers but 7 years later am I know so much more about computers, servers and networks, I think I am starting to find my place but still need loads of help.

New here

I forgot to include in my introduction that I am in the Pittsburgh area.

Conversationalist

Hey there! Name is Phil and I'm a Network admin in the twin cities area! Big fan of Cisco and Meraki gear!

Conversationalist

Hello,

I'm Reza and work in IT Financial Industry as a Network Engineer. I am please to be part of the Meraki community!!!!

Conversationalist

Hello all,

I'm an IT professional in local government.  Our network is completely Meraki-Cisco based, and I have been using these products for years with great success.  I look forward to being a part of this community.

New here

Hello Everyone, my name is Kevin Neill and I am the Information Security Analyst at my company Mosaic. We are a Non-Profit that provides supports for Individuals with Intellectual Disabilities. We have over 30 locations in 10 states. We have MX appliances and MR AP's in all our locations as well as MS switches in quite a few. We have been a Meraki customer since 2011 and have loved the hardware as well as the features and functionality of the dashboard since we started. We look forward to continuing our relationship with the Meraki Family for years to come. 

Here to help

I'm James Silvius.

I've been a Technologist for over 25 years.

I achieved my CCNA R&S two years ago after being a Windows Server/Desktop engineer for most of my professional live. I am currently working aching the CCNP for R&S but my company switched to using Meraki gear this year so now I'm hoping that there will be a Meraki training scope so that I can continue to achieve certification for equipment that I am supporting. I look forward to getting help on issues that I run into and providing feedback about issues that others are having that I have already encountered.

#swagplease

Conversationalist

Hi Everyone,

My name is Andrew Mills out of RealSelf in Seattle, WA. Very excited to learn more about the Meraki platform! 

Conversationalist

Hello everyone - Chris here at ITHive.org - building an MSP that allows tech resources to be independent and profitable.

Conversationalist

Hi, My name is Chris, I am the IT Manager for Scosche (pronounced skōsh), innovators of award-winning consumer technology and car audio products and accessories. We use a number of Meraki products in our buildings across the US. I personally love the ease of manageability and the insight and analytics it provides me to not only manage the equipment but to also be proactive on things.

Conversationalist

Hello, I am Heath, and I have been working on voice and data networking for 17 years. I enjoy working with the Meraki product and looking forward to a new site going in with all Meraki gear. Thank you for starting this community, I am sure it will come in handy soon. 

When I am not working with technology, I am hanging out with the kiddo, or the german shepherd pup. 

Conversationalist

I'm a network nerd located in Oregon, US with the responsibility of Meraki MS, MX, & MR in multiple locations around the US.  Replaced Cisco Wifi with Meraki about two years ago and am MUCH MUCH happier.  Big Meraki fan.

CMNO 111

#swagplease

Here to help

Hello Everyone,

My name is Curtis Bodin and I am a Manager, Inside Technical Sales at General Data Tech (GDT) a Cisco Gold Partner.  I am based out of our HQ located in Dallas, TX.  My job consists of managing a team of Inside Solution Architects, where we are responsible for the direct interaction with our Account Teams and Customers to assist in network designs, demos, quoting both hardware and professional services and well as the creation of Statement of Work documents.  We are constantly evolving to improve our service offerings and we strive to deliver Exceptional to every customer.

Conversationalist

I'm Jonathan and I'm a consulting Network Engineer for an MSP.

We use Meraki wireless, security appliances and switches too!

Conversationalist

Hello all! My name is James and I work for a non-profit and recently became a CMNO! 

Getting noticed

Yes.  Click on your username at the top left of the forum.  Click on My Subscriptions.  Find the post and remove it from your subscriptions. 

New here

Hello,

I am the sys admin for a medium sized law firm in Montana.  We have used Meraki products for several years and continue to integrate them into our systems. I'm always looking for new and better ways to make our systems function smoother. 

New here

Hello everyone.  I'm Jeff Brotschul, currently working for a retail organization with 800 locations.  We have deployed the full meraki suite on our corporate locations (campus & branch), and meraki wireless in all retail locations.  Happy to share my experience and learn how others are doing with their meraki deployments.

Conversationalist

Hello All,

I will introduce myself again - need to add the tag 

I work out of Canada and own a small MSP.  My long term goal is to create an IT work environment that would allow IT professionals to be successful and independent.

Conversationalist

Hello Everyone,

I work at SW VA Higher Education Center in Abingdon, VA, and my title is CIO and Sr. Systems Engineer.  Since we are a relatively small IT shop, I'm really a jack of all trades, and the simplicity of the Meraki solutions is a great fit for me.  I have been a Meraki customer for several years now and am very pleased thus far.  I look forward to interacting with you all in the future.   

Sincerely,

Jeff

Conversationalist

Hi I'm Robert,  I am the IT Manager for a Mercedes-Benz dealership group based in Regina Sk Canada  We use Meraki gear for all of our firewalls and AP's.

New here

Hello All!

I'm the CIO at a retail grocery chain in SoCal - Mothers Markets. Just starting to roll out a full Meraki stack @ our newest location. Replacing Sonicwall firewalls, HP switches and Cisco Autonomous Aironet AP's. Hope this will be a smooth transition. Looking forward to replacing them all if it works as advertised! Fingers crossed!

Wayne Miller

Conversationalist

Hi All!

I am Roshan, Senior manager IT @ Evolvus Solutions. Glad that I found this forum to get the right information on Meraki MX84 as our vendors were misleading us. I hope this forum will help me to finalize the right product. 

Conversationalist

Hi,
My name is Earl Harmon, working out on Cape Cod for County Goverbnment, specifically tasked with "all things" network/computer related for the Town o Wellfleet ( think "oysters"), as well as other County related IT projects. Lovin our Meraki systems! ...beginning with our conversion to meraki wireless access points which magically ended all previous issues with wireless access throughout the town.
#swagplease
Conversationalist

Hi All,

Glad to see this community being launched. My name is Mike Cachine and I'm the CTO at the International Centre for Missing and Exploited Children in Alexandria, Virginia. I've been a Meraki customer since before it was Cisco. Needless to say I'm a big fan of Meraki products and watching the technology evolve over the years. A great platform for organization's of all sizes, but especially for non profits which are short on IT resources and need to get the best return possible out of technology investments. Looking forward to interacting with you all.

- Mike

Conversationalist

HI, my name is Julio Hernandez. I am net admin for a small engineering firm. We have over 30 offices and utilize the meraki lan switches, aps, and mx appliances. We mainly use a standard lan config set, mixed with a handful of site-to-site vpns.

When I am not at work, I spend time studying and playing with my 3yr old son. Mostly playing mini basketball, baseball, or building Robots and cars using our imagination with legos.

Here to help

JLand, CMNO
New here

Hello All. Tony, Systems Engineer for Vector Choice Technology Solutions. 

New here

Hello everyone,

My name is Toby and I am the IT manager for a new car dealership and transportation company. I also do IT consulting for a few local small businesses. I'm very impressed with the meraki switches, APs, and UTMs I deployed in the field.  

Conversationalist

Duke here! Moved from MD to CO to play in the snow. Meraki is great, I'm a remote admin and it gives me full visibility of our network in DC.

#swagplease

New here

Hey All,

I'm Phill, I'm a Meraki customer and occasional unofficial evangelist.... some swag would help with that btw :-)  

Cheers

Phill

:-)

Conversationalist

Hi

I am a Senior Product Manager for Meraki,  here at BT Global Services (BTGS). Been living the Meraki dream for 3 years or so.  I have moved into product management recently,  after working in sales for many years.  Look forward to working with the Meraki Community.

Jason.

Here to help

Greeting: Hello.

Name: David Carroll.

Meraki Desires: To learn from the best and to help where I can.

Education: HS Diploma and an A+ Certification from ECTC (not CompTIA).

Hobbies: Tinkering with computers and cars, playing games (PC - mostly through Steam), playing music (drums, bass, guitar), watching Sci-Fi movies and T.V. shows.

Additional Comments:

• I enjoy sharing information, but I appreciate concise organisation, hence the format of this post.
  • It's "normal" for I.T. people to be introverted, independent, and isolationist. However, I would like to encourage any of you who feel so inclined to send me an email. Consider this: what good is a network admin who doesn't network?
David Carroll | I.T. Associate, SVBC
Enjoy this post or find it helpful? Give me some Kudos! (click on the up-arrow below)
New here

My name is Steve Guthrie and I am the COO of Blue Ocean Technologies, Inc.  I am also a founder of the company.  We are moving as many customer as we can to Meraki, because nothing makes Hosted VoIP work better than a great network design!