cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please introduce yourself [Aug 2017 - Feb 2019]

Conversationalist

Re: Please introduce yourself

My name is Thomas.  I currently serve as a Collaboration Architect in higher ed for Liberty University.  I run a full Meraki stack at home and love the simplicity of Meraki!

Meraki Alumni (Retired)

Re: Please introduce yourself


@ThomasEllis wrote:

My name is Thomas.  I currently serve as a Collaboration Architect in higher ed for Liberty University.  I run a full Meraki stack at home and love the simplicity of Meraki!


Welcome, @ThomasEllis! Thanks for joining us.

Caroline S | Community Manager, Cisco Meraki | @merakicaroline
New to the community? Get started here
Conversationalist

Re: Please introduce yourself

Hi Everyone,

 

This is Ruben with CASA NETWORKS we are a Cisco Express Collaboration and Networking Partner.

Meraki Alumni (Retired)

Re: Please introduce yourself


@CASANETWORKS wrote:

 

This is Ruben with CASA NETWORKS we are a Cisco Express Collaboration and Networking Partner.


Hi @CASANETWORKS and welcome to the Meraki Community!

Caroline S | Community Manager, Cisco Meraki | @merakicaroline
New to the community? Get started here
Conversationalist

Re: Please introduce yourself

Hello everyone!...  my name is Jim and I'm a Network Administrator for city in the North Texas region.  I retired about 4 years ago from the Public Safety field and decided to pursue a second career in I.T. (I was only 43 when I retired).  So I taught college during the day, and attended the Cisco CCNA academy at night.  I've been working in the field for 3 years now (1 year as a Support Tech; 1 year Jr NetAdmin; 1 year NetAdmin), and I'm realizing that I should have done this a long time ago. 

 

I'm married and have 2 kids that are grown (Empty Nester!).  I have a B.A. in Criminal Justice, Master of Public Admin, and I'm working on my second Masters in Information Systems.  I have my CCNA R&S; studying for my CCNP R&S, and CCDA...

 

Hoping to meet some other pro's in the field and share ideas and solutions!

 

 

Jim

Meraki Alumni (Retired)

Re: Please introduce yourself


@Jim-Norcross wrote:

Hello everyone!...  my name is Jim and I'm a Network Administrator for city in the North Texas region.  I retired about 4 years ago from the Public Safety field and decided to pursue a second career in I.T. (I was only 43 when I retired).  So I taught college during the day, and attended the Cisco CCNA academy at night.  I've been working in the field for 3 years now (1 year as a Support Tech; 1 year Jr NetAdmin; 1 year NetAdmin), and I'm realizing that I should have done this a long time ago. 

@Jim-Norcross - welcome to the Meraki Community! Congrats on finding your second career — most impressive. It's hard enough to find just one.

 

 I'm married and have 2 kids that are grown (Empty Nester!).  I have a B.A. in Criminal Justice, Master of Public Admin, and I'm working on my second Masters in Information Systems.  I have my CCNA R&S; studying for my CCNP R&S, and CCDA...


Sounds like you should get your Meraki CMNO too! Here's more info about the CMNO program

 

Have a great day!

- Caroline

Caroline S | Community Manager, Cisco Meraki | @merakicaroline
New to the community? Get started here
Conversationalist

Re: Please introduce yourself

Thank you Caroline, but I got that too a few months ago!

 

 

Jim

Conversationalist

Re: Please introduce yourself

Hey Everyone! 🙂

 

I’m Sheena from Verizon. I am part of the team that worked on Meraki Installs (Security App, Switches, AP) on all American Red Cross sites across the country. The project is still on going though and very challenging. 

 

Thrilled to be here. 🙂

Meraki Alumni (Retired)

Re: Please introduce yourself


@SheenaPros wrote:

I’m Sheena from Verizon. I am part of the team that worked on Meraki Installs (Security App, Switches, AP) on all American Red Cross sites across the country. The project is still on going though and very challenging. 

 

Thrilled to be here. 🙂


Hi @SheenaPros and welcome to the Meraki Community! I'm sure you have some stories to tell - feel free to share any anecdotes in the Off the Stack board. Or share your expertise by chiming in on the unanswered topics.

 

Cheers!

Caroline S | Community Manager, Cisco Meraki | @merakicaroline
New to the community? Get started here
Conversationalist

Re: Please introduce yourself

Hey everybody, i am Marcello, Global Systems Engineer at cisco. I am based out in Sao Paulo, Brazil. I am a big meraki fan, i took the CMNA training in 2015 and since then i have been trying to follow all that happens at Meraki. Maybe one day will have an opportunity to join Meraki's team 😉 

Meraki Alumni (Retired)

Re: Please introduce yourself


@maishida wrote:

Hey everybody, i am Marcello, Global Systems Engineer at cisco. I am based out in Sao Paulo, Brazil. I am a big meraki fan, i took the CMNA training in 2015 and since then i have been trying to follow all that happens at Meraki. Maybe one day will have an opportunity to join Meraki's team 😉 


Hi @maishida and welcome to the Meraki Community! It's always great to have folks from our extended Cisco family here. Cheers!

Caroline S | Community Manager, Cisco Meraki | @merakicaroline
New to the community? Get started here
Conversationalist

Re: Please introduce yourself

Hey, folks, it's Alex!

I work as CIO in a materials testing institute. We are an SME with 80 employees spread over 5 locations in Switzerland. I am very IT affine and I am also very much occupied with technology and everything new which there is to discover.
Our existing network infrastructure is very inhomogeneous, we use many manufacturers such as HP, Sophos, Netgear, Intel and Zyxel. As part of a consolidation project, we are converting everything to cisco meraki. We expect better availability, fewer support cases, easier manageability and a better overview of the network and the processes in it, which finally saves us money even though the equipment is more expensive. I am here to learn and on the other hand to contribute my knowledge to the community.

Have a nice day!
Alex

Meraki Alumni (Retired)

Re: Please introduce yourself


@HelloAlex wrote:

I work as CIO in a materials testing institute. We are an SME with 80 employees spread over 5 locations in Switzerland. I am very IT affine and I am also very much occupied with technology and everything new which there is to discover.
Our existing network infrastructure is very inhomogeneous, we use many manufacturers such as HP, Sophos, Netgear, Intel and Zyxel. As part of a consolidation project, we are converting everything to cisco meraki. We expect better availability, fewer support cases, easier manageability and a better overview of the network and the processes in it, which finally saves us money even though the equipment is more expensive. I am here to learn and on the other hand to contribute my knowledge to the community.


@HelloAlex - Hello! Welcome to the Meraki Community.  Your consolidation project sounds GREAT! If technical or design questions do come up as you're going through the conversion, please feel free to post them in the relevant product board in the Product & Technology Discussions. Cheers!

Caroline S | Community Manager, Cisco Meraki | @merakicaroline
New to the community? Get started here
Conversationalist

Re: Please introduce yourself

Hello Everyone,

 

My name is Larry and I'm new to the community.

 

I am a Senior Network Engineer at Henry Ford Health System in Southeastern Michigan.  Our company has just started using the Meraki Z3 product for our At-Home agents to provide remote support for our Health System clients.

 

Regards,

Larry

Meraki Alumni (Retired)

Re: Please introduce yourself


@Larry_Rose wrote:

I am a Senior Network Engineer at Henry Ford Health System in Southeastern Michigan.  Our company has just started using the Meraki Z3 product for our At-Home agents to provide remote support for our Health System clients.

 

Hello @Larry_Rose and welcome to the Meraki Community. I hope the Z3 works really well for you and that it's the beginning of a Meraki full-stack journey 😄

Caroline S | Community Manager, Cisco Meraki | @merakicaroline
New to the community? Get started here
Conversationalist

Re: Please introduce yourself

Hello Everyone. I am happy to become part of the Community and look forward to learning more about the products and management tips as we are now deploying to small and home offices across the Globe. I think this will be a great forum for all of us Newbies. Thanks, Bill
Meraki Alumni (Retired)

Re: Please introduce yourself


@william-payton1 wrote:
Hello Everyone. I am happy to become part of the Community and look forward to learning more about the products and management tips as we are now deploying to small and home offices across the Globe. I think this will be a great forum for all of us Newbies. Thanks, Bill

Hi @william-payton1 and welcome to the Meraki Community! Please feel free to ask all of your newbie questions here (in the relevant product board in the Product & Technology discussion area) - we're a friendly bunch. Cheers!

Caroline S | Community Manager, Cisco Meraki | @merakicaroline
New to the community? Get started here
Conversationalist

Re: Please introduce yourself

Hello Everyone.

 

I'm Anthony, I live in Orlando and working towards my CCNA!  I completed the CMNO and excited to earn more certs.

Meraki Alumni (Retired)

Re: Please introduce yourself


@abreath wrote:

I'm Anthony, I live in Orlando and working towards my CCNA!  I completed the CMNO and excited to earn more certs.


Welcome, @abreath and congrats on your CMNO and your future CCNA. We're glad you've joined us!

Caroline S | Community Manager, Cisco Meraki | @merakicaroline
New to the community? Get started here
Myt
Conversationalist

Re: Please introduce yourself

Hello everybody,

 

My name is Mayte, System Admin at Johnvince Foods. Looking forward to learn more from this community as well as share my experience.

 

I like to learn, laugh and spend time with my family.

 

Thank you Caroline and nice to meet you all

 

Happy Friday☺

Meraki Alumni (Retired)

Re: Please introduce yourself


@Myt wrote:

 

My name is Mayte, System Admin at Johnvince Foods. Looking forward to learn more from this community as well as share my experience.

 

I like to learn, laugh and spend time with my family.

 


Welcome to the community, @Myt! Please feel free to ask any technical questions you may have in the Product & Technology Discussions, and stay tuned for contests and other announcements in Community Announcements (You should enter our video challenge!). Cheers!

Caroline S | Community Manager, Cisco Meraki | @merakicaroline
New to the community? Get started here
Conversationalist

Re: Please introduce yourself

Hello Guy's and Girl's

 

My Name is Steve Brown and I have worked on everything from AS400 to now Power Shell and other Server and other devices. I just recently got introduced to Meraki when my job bought two MS225 and I had to implement them into our Network. I saw the CMNO class and figured what do i have to loose by taking it well i passed and here I am.

 

I am new to the Cisco world and would like to get to know more about it. I have a MS220  Switch, A MX64, and a MR33. I have Comcast cable and would like to know if anyone can help me setup the equipment so I can have two separate networks one with Comcast and one for testing which will not inter fer with my Comcast network.

 

I look forward to talking and learning more over the Meraki world with you guy's and girl's.

 

Thank You Steve

Meraki Alumni (Retired)

Re: Please introduce yourself


@stevieb wrote:

My Name is Steve Brown and I have worked on everything from AS400 to now Power Shell and other Server and other devices. I just recently got introduced to Meraki when my job bought two MS225 and I had to implement them into our Network. I saw the CMNO class and figured what do i have to loose by taking it well i passed and here I am.

 

I am new to the Cisco world and would like to get to know more about it. I have a MS220  Switch, A MX64, and a MR33. I have Comcast cable and would like to know if anyone can help me setup the equipment so I can have two separate networks one with Comcast and one for testing which will not inter fer with my Comcast network.

 


Great to meet you, @stevieb! Congratulations on your CMNO (your profile badge will appear shortly!). I'm sure there are many members here who can help you with your two-separate-networks question over in the Product and Technology Discussions - please ask there.

 

Cheers!

Caroline S | Community Manager, Cisco Meraki | @merakicaroline
New to the community? Get started here
Conversationalist

Re: Please introduce yourself

Hi Everyone

 

I'm Yonas and I work as an IT Assistant at Oxfam GB in Ethiopia, Addis Ababa office i am here to share ideas with the Meraki community and to know more about the technology.

 

Thanks 

Meraki Alumni (Retired)

Re: Please introduce yourself


@Yonas wrote:

I'm Yonas and I work as an IT Assistant at Oxfam GB in Ethiopia, Addis Ababa office i am here to share ideas with the Meraki community and to know more about the technology.

 


Hi @Yonas and welcome to the Meraki Community! You may well be the first member from Ethiopia! Please feel free to ask any technical questions you may have in our Product & Technology Discussions

 

Have a great day!

Caroline S | Community Manager, Cisco Meraki | @merakicaroline
New to the community? Get started here
Conversationalist

Re: Please introduce yourself

Thanks @CarolineS
-jb
Conversationalist

Re: Please introduce yourself!

I install/maintain/troubleshoot installations w/meraki devices as well as mixed in with other network vendors - for several years. Mostly SMB market, and the occasional 'large' install - outdoors, 100+ APs, apartment complex, 2000+ residents and multiple gig circuits.

 

Quick tip - if you need to place APs farther than the normal 100 meters (328 ft) - you'll need to review ethernet "extension" technologies - consider Adtran ActivReach - it's PoE (vendor says 1200ft - we've had working installs at 1600ft w/meraki APs). There are 2 models of switches, and are very similar to cisco via CLI - I just wish it could do GigE w/ActivReach - limit is 100Mb).

 

I always wondered for the southwest USA where there is a lot of sunshine, that perhaps incorporating solar cells would help w/powering the APs - just a thought...

Meraki Alumni (Retired)

Re: Please introduce yourself!


@-jb wrote:

I install/maintain/troubleshoot installations w/meraki devices as well as mixed in with other network vendors - for several years. Mostly SMB market, and the occasional 'large' install - outdoors, 100+ APs, apartment complex, 2000+ residents and multiple gig circuits.

 

Quick tip - if you need to place APs farther than the normal 100 meters (328 ft) - you'll need to review ethernet "extension" technologies - consider Adtran ActivReach - it's PoE (vendor says 1200ft - we've had working installs at 1600ft w/meraki APs). There are 2 models of switches, and are very similar to cisco via CLI - I just wish it could do GigE w/ActivReach - limit is 100Mb).

 

I always wondered for the southwest USA where there is a lot of sunshine, that perhaps incorporating solar cells would help w/powering the APs - just a thought...


Hi @-jb and welcome to the Meraki Community! Fun fact - Meraki did have solar once upon a time. Googling "Meraki Solar" will bring you to this PDF from 2008! But the next Google result is the EOL announcement. Please feel free to make some wishes about that via Dashboard, or post a thread here on the community (in the Wireless LAN board) to gain support via kudos.

 

Cheers! 

Caroline S | Community Manager, Cisco Meraki | @merakicaroline
New to the community? Get started here
Conversationalist

Re: Please introduce yourself

Hey Everyone,

 

My name is Kendric, I'm a Technology Support Specialist for the County of Franklin local government. I support most facilities that are funded by Franklin County. There's a few facilities that decides to chose other options so far as Information Technology. Things I support are desktop applications, network infrastructures, workstation hardware, and servers along with the hardware as well.

Meraki Alumni (Retired)

Re: Please introduce yourself


@ksteed94 wrote:

My name is Kendric, I'm a Technology Support Specialist for the County of Franklin local government. I support most facilities that are funded by Franklin County. There's a few facilities that decides to chose other options so far as Information Technology. Things I support are desktop applications, network infrastructures, workstation hardware, and servers along with the hardware as well.


Hi @ksteed94 and welcome to the Meraki Community! It's great to have you here!

Caroline S | Community Manager, Cisco Meraki | @merakicaroline
New to the community? Get started here
Conversationalist

Re: Please introduce yourself

YO YO YO WASSA HAPPENING MERAKI.

 

That was my attention getter. <-- which by the way "getter" is not a word.

 

Anyways, my name is Chris, I am fairly new to Meraki, in the fact that I have not used Dashboard until this year. I find that it is useful in certain aspects, but where there is positive, there is usually an equal negative. Sadly, I can't pin point any cons, hehehe ( I ain't no snitch ).. jk

 

I hope to find this forum/community useful in answering my questions about Meraki and the Meraki Dashboard.

 

But here is a question for you the community, it's kind of trivial,

 

Ready?

 

If you can answer this question right ( 1st person ), I'll buy you a pair of socks ( no not a double punch to the face )

 

Who does Meraki use for their SSL cert ? how can you verify it ? and how can you be sure ( or bs ) it if you're doing ssl forwarding ?

 

 

Chris

I buy socks from the flea market.

 

 

Kind of a big deal

Re: Please introduce yourself

Well @chrisg925, for the main public web site they use a certificate from "Hydrant ID ISL IGA G2".

main-web-site.png

 

For the Dashboard Meraki use a certificate from "Go Daddy".

dashboard.png

 

You can verify this (in Chrome) by click on the "Secure" text to the left of the URL, and then clicking "certificate".

 

The headers for the Dashboard say that nginx is being used - so almost certainly ssl forwarding is happening.  The public web site says it is using cloudflare.

 

server.png

Meraki Alumni (Retired)

Re: Please introduce yourself


@chrisg925 wrote:

 

If you can answer this question right ( 1st person ), I'll buy you a pair of socks ( no not a double punch to the face )

 

Who does Meraki use for their SSL cert ? how can you verify it ? and how can you be sure ( or bs ) it if you're doing ssl forwarding ?


Hi @chrisg925 - I think you owe @PhilipDAth a pair of socks!! 🙂

 

Welcome to the community! 

Caroline S | Community Manager, Cisco Meraki | @merakicaroline
New to the community? Get started here
Conversationalist

Re: Please introduce yourself

Hello everyone,

 

My name Naith Nget, I am an Infrastructure lead and really happy to join this community.  As everybody may know that since we had the Cisco Meraki appliances in our work place it saves time a lot for us to manage the network.  In the means time it also requires us to learn more because it is new product.

 

Thanks ans regards,

Meraki Alumni (Retired)

Re: Please introduce yourself


@Narith wrote:

My name Naith Nget, I am an Infrastructure lead and really happy to join this community.  As everybody may know that since we had the Cisco Meraki appliances in our work place it saves time a lot for us to manage the network.  In the means time it also requires us to learn more because it is new product.

 

Hi @Narith and welcome to the Meraki Community! Thanks for joining us. Please don't hesitate to ask any technical questions you may have in our Product and Technology discussion area. Cheers!

Caroline S | Community Manager, Cisco Meraki | @merakicaroline
New to the community? Get started here
Conversationalist

Re: Please introduce yourself

Hi I'm Philippe and I am a network administrator/support officer at the Casey Cardinia Libraries in the South-East of Victoria, Australia! I have 25 years of IT experience but just started getting back into networking and have just taken the CMNO training with a view to become a CCNA specialising in Wireless infrastructure.

Meraki Alumni (Retired)

Re: Please introduce yourself


@PhilBorg wrote:

Hi I'm Philippe and I am a network administrator/support officer at the Casey Cardinia Libraries in the South-East of Victoria, Australia! I have 25 years of IT experience but just started getting back into networking and have just taken the CMNO training with a view to become a CCNA specialising in Wireless infrastructure.


Hi @PhilBorg and welcome to the Meraki Community! Congratulations on your CMNO. As you get more acquainted with Meraki, please don't hesitate to ask any technical questions you may have in our Product and Technology discussion area. Cheers!

Caroline S | Community Manager, Cisco Meraki | @merakicaroline
New to the community? Get started here
Conversationalist

Re: Please introduce yourself

Hi everyone

I'm a 2. level Technical supporter from Denmark and supporting the largest Meraki installation in DK - will end up with about 1.000 networks (supermarkets/grocery shops). I'm CMNO & CMNA and have been working with Cisco products for many years. 

I think the Community is a great place for sparring and information and troubleshooting.

Meraki Alumni (Retired)

Re: Please introduce yourself


@MBJ_dk61 wrote:

Hi everyone

I'm a 2. level Technical supporter from Denmark and supporting the largest Meraki installation in DK - will end up with about 1.000 networks (supermarkets/grocery shops). I'm CMNO & CMNA and have been working with Cisco products for many years. 

I think the Community is a great place for sparring and information and troubleshooting.


Welcome, @MBJ_dk61! Congratulations on your CMNO & CMNA! Please don't hesitate to ask any technical questions you may have in our Product and Technology discussions. Cheers!

Caroline S | Community Manager, Cisco Meraki | @merakicaroline
New to the community? Get started here
Conversationalist

Re: Please introduce yourself

Hi Everyone,

 

Myself Anant, Network Security Engineer, Dimension Data, worked on router, switches, firewall, DLP, SIEM & Python Scripting. Meraki brought revolution in cloud networking. I think this community would be great platform to learn something new about Meraki as well as showcase our skill.

 

Thanks

Anant

Meraki Alumni (Retired)

Re: Please introduce yourself


@Anant wrote:

Myself Anant, Network Security Engineer, Dimension Data, worked on router, switches, firewall, DLP, SIEM & Python Scripting. Meraki brought revolution in cloud networking. I think this community would be great platform to learn something new about Meraki as well as showcase our skill.

 


Hi @Anant! Welcome to the Meraki Community. You might particularly enjoy our Solutions & API board, if you're a Python coder. @DexterLaBora has recently posted some interesting new API-based solutions there. Cheers!

Caroline S | Community Manager, Cisco Meraki | @merakicaroline
New to the community? Get started here
Conversationalist

Re: Please introduce yourself!

Hi everyone,

 

My name is Ernie and IM happy to be part of the community. 

Meraki Alumni (Retired)

Re: Please introduce yourself!


@5pyhunter007 wrote:

My name is Ernie and IM happy to be part of the community. 


Hi Ernie and welcome to the Meraki Community!

Caroline S | Community Manager, Cisco Meraki | @merakicaroline
New to the community? Get started here
Conversationalist

Re: Please introduce yourself

Hello, Everyone!
I'm Julio from Brazil and I'm very excited to participate in meraki community.

JULIO CESAR DA SILVA
Meraki Alumni (Retired)

Re: Please introduce yourself


@Julio wrote:

Hello, Everyone!
I'm Julio from Brazil and I'm very excited to participate in meraki community.


Hi @Julio! Welcome; thanks for joining us. Please feel free to ask any technical questions you may have in the relevant board within Product & Technology Discussions. And, if you're not sure where to put your question, just ask!

Caroline S | Community Manager, Cisco Meraki | @merakicaroline
New to the community? Get started here
Here to help

Re: Please introduce yourself

Hello Everyone,

My name is Prapankorn.  I am Cisco SE and Meraki Champion based on Thailand. Nice to meet you all.

Meraki Alumni (Retired)

Re: Please introduce yourself


@Prapankorn wrote:

Hello Everyone,

My name is Prapankorn.  I am Cisco SE and Meraki Champion based on Thailand. Nice to meet you all.


Hi @Prapankorn and welcome to the Meraki Community! We're always glad to have our Cisco brethren join us here. 

Caroline S | Community Manager, Cisco Meraki | @merakicaroline
New to the community? Get started here
Conversationalist

Re: Please introduce yourself

Hey Everyone! I'm Nathan Mueller a Sr Sales Engineer for CenturyLink and a University Of Central Florida Computer / Electrical Engineering alumni.   

Meraki Alumni (Retired)

Re: Please introduce yourself


@NateM wrote:

Hey Everyone! I'm Nathan Mueller a Sr Sales Engineer for CenturyLink and a University Of Central Florida Computer / Electrical Engineering alumni.   


Hi @NateM & thanks for joining us! Please don't hesitate to ask any technical questions you may have in our Product & Technology Discussions. And stay tuned for upcoming contests in Community Announcements.

 

Cheers!

Caroline S | Community Manager, Cisco Meraki | @merakicaroline
New to the community? Get started here
Conversationalist

Re: Please introduce yourself

Hi,

 

I'm Alexander, I am a Presales Engineer at Logicom Romania, a large distributor of Cisco covering multiple countries. I am focused on Cisco solutions, mainly Meraki and Collab. I am passionate about running, cycling and technology.

 

I love to be here and share my experience with you!