Introducing AmyReyes and Christopher_S!

MeredithW
Meraki Alumni (Retired)

We are so excited to introduce not one, but TWO new members of the Meraki Community Team! Hear all about them below:

Who is AmyReyes?

Amy has just joined the Community team here at Meraki as our Community Engagement Manager — which means she’ll be running fun contests and also working behind the scenes to make your experience here on the Meraki Community even better. I asked her a few questions so we can all get to know her.

AmyReyesAmyReyes

Can you tell us a bit about your background?

I studied Journalism at Oakland University in Michigan, before pivoting to a career in tech. I first became a Community Manager while working in digital marketing at an engineering software company. Three years ago, I joined Cisco as Duo’s Community Manager, and I’m excited to be joining Meraki now as a Community Engagement Manager!

How do you like to spend your time?

I am a total homebody, so I really enjoy relaxing at home with my two pets and husband. Despite being a friendly people-person, I am actually very introverted and solitary, so most of my favorite hobbies are done alone. I love yoga, hiking, any kind of arts and crafts (coloring, drawing, painting), and reading. One of my favorite books I read recently was Project Hail Mary.

What’s the best Halloween costume you’ve ever had?

It’s a tossup between Holly Golightly (I went with the “just-got-out-of-bed” look) and Mary Poppins.

Are you a dog person or a cat person?

Both! I have a cat, Coco, and a mini-dachshund, Pepa. I grew up with cats, and with the addition of my first-ever dog to my family, I’ve learned I’m actually more of a dog person (shh! Don’t tell Coco).

What is the strangest thing you believed as a child?

I refused to eat hot dogs from the time I was 12 to 14 because someone told me that earthworms were the secret ingredient that made them plump when you cook them.

Who is Christopher_S?

Chris has just joined the Community team here at Meraki as our Community Platform Operations Manager - which means he’ll be managing the strategy, delivery, and maintenance of technical projects to continue to create a world class Community experience for our members. I asked him a few questions as well:

Christopher_SChristopher_S

Can you tell us a bit about your background?

I am joining Meraki with a background in community strategy, operations, and program management from various SaaS companies. Through my experience, I've learned that I am most passionate about connecting people, processes, and technology together to build authentic and empowered communities.

How do you like to spend your time?

My wife and I recently welcomed our first child to the world, and my favorite moments are spent as a family. It has been really exciting to watch our daughter grow and learn something new everyday. I also enjoy spending time outdoors like camping, hiking, and biking.

What’s the best Halloween costume you’ve ever had?

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE HALLOWEEN, can you tell by the all caps?! My favorite Halloween costume was dressing as the Headless Horseman from Sleepy Hollow. The reason the costume was a hit was because it played into the decoration of our families haunted house. I blended into the backdrops and unsuspecting trick or treaters got the best scare on the block when they reached for the bowl of candy. Muah ha ha ha!

Are you a dog person or a cat person?

I actually have a cat and a dog. I switch teams based on which pet is on its best behavior… for those who have both, y’all know what I mean!

What is the strangest thing you believed as a child?

I believed that I could breathe underwater, like Aquaman. Turns out I was holding my breath and not actually breathing LOL!

Please join me in welcoming Amy and Chris to the Meraki Community! 👋 👋

9 Comments
van604
Getting noticed

welcome @AmyReyes and @Christopher_S you guys have a great Partner @MeredithW in crime.... 

Brash
Kind of a big deal

Welcome @AmyReyes  and @Christopher_S !

Christopher_S
Meraki Employee

Thank you @MeredithW for the introductions. I am looking forward to connecting with everyone.🖖 

@van604, I couldn't agree more, we have an amazing team here!

Thank you @Brash!

rwiesmann
A model citizen

Welcome here in the Meraki World @AmyReyes and @Christopher_S !

KarstenI
Kind of a big deal

Welcome to this very nice community. You'll surely have done the right decision and will have much fun! 🙂

CptnCrnch
Kind of a big deal

Very warm welcome @AmyReyes and @Christopher_S to the best IT community I'm aware of! 😎

AmyReyes
Community Manager

Thank you @MeredithW for the intro and warm welcome, and thank you all as well!

Like @Christopher_S said, couldn't agree more that you have a great community here and a wonderful team. 

Excited to get to know y'all more 😄

DarrenOC
Kind of a big deal

Welcome both @AmyReyes and @Christopher_S

Looking forward to more competitions.

TrishaC
Community Manager

Welcome @AmyReyes and @Christopher_S! Sounds like we need to host a Meraki Community Halloween contest....:)