cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What size installs are people using these with?

Highlighted
Here to help

What size installs are people using these with?

For those of you that have rolled these out to production environments, what sizes are you installs?  Curious as to how bandwidth usage is as the number of devices has gone up.  We are evaluating a larger install of 70-80 phones and wondering if anyone else has had experience with those numbers to see how well the performed once scaled out bit.  

13 REPLIES
Kind of a big deal

Re: What size installs are people using these with?

We have about 1000 users.  But one of our sites is about 250 users and we use the MX100, MS switches (low power), MR AP's etc.  Cisco VOIP environment. No issues at all.  

Adam R MS | CISSP, CISM, VCP, MCITP, CCNP, ITILv3, CMNO
If this was helpful click the Kudo button below
If my reply solved your issue, please mark it as a solution.
Here to help

Wow, that is much larger.  Glad to hear they are working well.  Your environment matches mine so I should be able to make these work.  Have you gotten any reports of tunnel sounding calls or occasional static?

Kind of a big deal

At one point at our 250 user site we had static/choppiness.  But after working with Meraki support it was determined that our MX84 was undersized for the number of clients in that environment so we had to go up to the MX100 then the issue went away. 

Adam R MS | CISSP, CISM, VCP, MCITP, CCNP, ITILv3, CMNO
If this was helpful click the Kudo button below
If my reply solved your issue, please mark it as a solution.
Head in the Cloud

The Meraki datasheets do outline the recommended user counts for the MX models. If you're ever unsure about whether your MX will be able to support the influx of new devices I'd reach out to your Meraki Sales rep who'll be able to put you in touch with an SE to help you rightsize.

Eliot F | Simplifying IT with Cloud Solutions
Found this helpful? Give me some Kudos! (click on the little up-arrow below)
Here to help

You mention Cisco Voip. Are you using Meraki or Cisco Proper?

We have a 75 phone (Meraki) deployment and have struggled mightily with call quality and Static, dropped calls etc. Meraki is stumped and we are looking at possibly replacing them after 5 months of terrible quality. Support has been good but the product teams engagement is severely lacking.

Thanks,

Eric

Here to help

Have you experimented with the beta firmware at all?  I know in my case it did cut down the number of reports I was getting of bad call quality.  I am only in eval mode so the decision for me was an easy one.  Since you are in production you may be a little more gun shy about a beta firmware.

Here to help

Yes, we are in the beta firmware. The new features are nice but our call quality issues, hold/transfer dropped calls, are still an issue. I have worked every day with a tech on it and we can no longer find any tweaks.

Here to help

That is disappointing to hear.  We would be coming from a hosted Skype for Business solution that has given us a lot of dropped calls and quality issues.  We were hoping to avoid that with this solution.  I am just getting ready to deploy out a few more phones to some end users for testing with the new firmware now.  Right now it is just me an an associate that tested the new firmware.  If we gain any additional insight from our testing, I will be sure to share it. 

Here to help

When I did my trial of 5 phones there were no issues. And when the phones do work they are crystal clear. We have an IVR set up, call groups, tags, etc in the larger deployment and it went south very fast. We have different ISPs at each of our locations with high bandwidth. Apparently I am not the only customer with these issues.

While it may sound like I am knocking the phones, I have stuck through the pain for the last 5 months so I guess there has to be something nice about them and quite frankly the tech side of me want to fix them.

Here to help

I did not realize the multiple locations.  Are you finding dropped calls on internal to internal calls at the same center or only ones to others sites and external users?

Here to help

It doesn't matter. Dropped calls are only on hold/transfers.

Static is everything.

Here to help

meant everywhere

Here to help

I've been with one since early October 2016. So many weird issues that I'll be looking for something new when it's time to renew and don't mind knocking them.

Most recent issue? Voicemail message read statuses are saved locally and not synchronized with the cloud. Hope you don't have to replace a phone or reassign a user. 😜 That's the expected behavior, they say, but how odd.

Coming from an Exchange UM environment, there are so many things to wish for.