cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What size installs are people using these with?

Highlighted
Here to help

What size installs are people using these with?

For those of you that have rolled these out to production environments, what sizes are you installs?  Curious as to how bandwidth usage is as the number of devices has gone up.  We are evaluating a larger install of 70-80 phones and wondering if anyone else has had experience with those numbers to see how well the performed once scaled out bit.  

4 REPLIES
Building a reputation

Re: What size installs are people using these with?

We have about 1000 users.  But one of our sites is about 250 users and we use the MX100, MS switches (low power), MR AP's etc.  Cisco VOIP environment. No issues at all.  

Here to help

Wow, that is much larger.  Glad to hear they are working well.  Your environment matches mine so I should be able to make these work.  Have you gotten any reports of tunnel sounding calls or occasional static?

Building a reputation

At one point at our 250 user site we had static/choppiness.  But after working with Meraki support it was determined that our MX84 was undersized for the number of clients in that environment so we had to go up to the MX100 then the issue went away. 

A model citizen

The Meraki datasheets do outline the recommended user counts for the MX models. If you're ever unsure about whether your MX will be able to support the influx of new devices I'd reach out to your Meraki Sales rep who'll be able to put you in touch with an SE to help you rightsize.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Found this helpful? Give me some Kudos! (click on the little up-arrow below!)