cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UPDATE: MC product line is being discontinued

Community Manager

UPDATE: MC product line is being discontinued

Hi everyone,

You may have seen on your dashboard or in other threads in this board — the MC product line is being discontinued.

There's a lot more information about this available on our documentation site. We're offering an extended RMA; you can see the details for that here.

If you have questions that aren't answered in our documentation, please reach out to your account manager or ask here on the community.

- Caroline

Caroline S | Community Manager, Cisco Meraki | @merakicaroline
New to the community? Get started here
8 REPLIES
Head in the Cloud

Re: UPDATE: MC product line is being discontinued

Hmm, I had guessed that when it stopped being sold and was removed from all sales information. 

Such a shame but I guess vendors have to pick which markets they battle in and VOIP is a flooded market with both paid and free options.

Meraki CMNO, Ruckus WISE, Sonicwall CSSA, Allied Telesis CASE & CAI
Getting noticed

Yeah, apparently that was not the thinking three weeks ago. 

Getting noticed

I feel bad for those customers that invest heavily on the MC line not long ago. Hopefully, Cisco / Meraki will do the right thing and accept those folks to return the MC phones for a credit or something. Luckily for me, I only have 2 MC in my test environment.

To those folks that are looking for alternatives, cloud-based VOIP solutions try Cisco Webex Calling formally known as Cisco Spark. They are great I deployed over 200 of them in 4 states. Fully cloud-based just like Meraki.

Conversationalist

I brought 20 MC74's for my branch office two years ago.  They replaced a 15-year-old PBX that worked but was becoming antiquated. The managing partner was reluctant to replace it until I reminded him how long these things last.

The problem I have is that we are in the middle of our budget year and I didn't include a PBX replacement. There but be some really deep discounts for any new Cisco products.

Don
Just browsing

Wow, I guess I should of seen this coming.   If you look at the history of Cisco VoIP solution, anything other than the enterprise UC platform is eventually killed off at Cisco.   I started with the UC540, which was a fantastic small business solution.   But because it was not UC, it was killed off.    I had reservation, but, Meraki sales team convinced me to move to the MC platform.  Now the MC is being killed off, most likely because of politics. 

I worked for Cisco in the early 2000s and UC group was very territorial when it comes to voice solutions.    The problem is that UC team doesn't get small businesses.  The UC is a great solution if you need 100's of phones, but when you are a small business and have 10 phones, what solution does Cisco offer that doesn't requires $10K of investment to get up and going? 

Can anyone recommend what direction I should look at?   I am a small business an do not have a dedicated sales team.

Getting noticed

Don,

Try Cisco Webex Calling formally known as Cisco Spark. Get more details from your Cisco Rep and they will refer you to an experienced partner. Try to negotiate your price down since the MSRP is ridiculous. They are great I deployed over 250 of them in 4 states from 2 person offices to 200 person offices. Fully cloud-based just like Meraki. No PBX / analog lines etc. There are also some really good non-Cisco cloud VOIP solution such as 8X8 and Ringcentral. Cisco also offers financing so that you can get a low monthly payment.

Highlighted
Don
Just browsing

Can anyone answer what happens after April 2019 with the MC74 phones.  Will they still work?   What happen to our 3 year service contract that we purchased?    Does cisco offer any rebate for people purchasing these products?    Does anyone have any more details?

New here

@CarolineS wrote:

Hi everyone,

You may have seen on your dashboard or in other threads in this board — the MC product line is being discontinued.

There's a lot more information about this available on our documentation site. We're offering an extended RMA; you can see the details for that here.

If you have questions that aren't answered in our documentation, please reach out to your account manager or ask here on the community.

- Caroline

I figure merchants need to pick which markets they fight in and VOIP is an overwhelmed market with both paid and free alternatives.