cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Softphone for Meraki MC

Getting noticed

Softphone for Meraki MC

My biggest barrier from my clients deploying the Meraki MC product in the environments we manage for them is the absence of a Softphone. Where's the Softphone?

Cohort Networks Inc.
Your Business. Connected.
18 REPLIES
Meraki Employee

Re: Softphone for Meraki MC

Thank you for the feedback here @Cohort_Networks. As you know, we at Meraki are extremely open to feedback and that definitely helps to provide guidance on what new features/services should be rolled out. I will get a request in regarding soft phones on your behalf, please encourage your colleagues to do the same; the more requests we see, the higher of a priority it becomes.

New here

Re: Softphone for Meraki MC

This is a must-have feature that our customers are clamoring for and is preventing us from rolling out Meraki MC phones. 

Highlighted
Getting noticed

Re: Softphone for Meraki MC

Thank you @CJ_Ramsey, however, Meraki MC has been out for what a year now and still no softphone!? Every other VoIP phone system I know of worth its salt supports softphones. Why not Meraki MC? It is seriously the ONLY point my clients can not get past in deciding to deploy Meraki MC or not. The MC is essentially a softphone so you already have the code to base it upon.

Cohort Networks Inc.
Your Business. Connected.
Getting noticed

Re: Softphone for Meraki MC

More specifically for us, and App based smartphone would add the most value.  In our use case desktop / browser would not add that much additional value for our users.  

 

Ryan  

Head in the Cloud

Re: Softphone for Meraki MC

We are very happy with Bria mobile from Counterpath as a softphone.

Robin St.Clair | Principal, Caithness Analytics | @uberseehandel
Getting noticed

Re: Softphone for Meraki MC


@Ryan-Zimmerle wrote:

More specifically for us, and App based smartphone would add the most value.  In our use case desktop / browser would not add that much additional value for our users.  

 

Ryan  


Same for us. 

Cohort Networks Inc.
Your Business. Connected.
Head in the Cloud

Re: Softphone for Meraki MC


@Cohort_Networks wrote:

@Ryan-Zimmerle wrote:

More specifically for us, and App based smartphone would add the most value.  In our use case desktop / browser would not add that much additional value for our users.  

 

Ryan  


Same for us. 


We use Bria on IOS and Android devices, it also works on Windows and MacOS. As I travel with a teleworker/security device, I never need the desktop version, but I guess it would be good for people relying on those Surface devices from MS.

Robin St.Clair | Principal, Caithness Analytics | @uberseehandel
Getting noticed

Re: Softphone for Meraki MC


@Uberseehandel wrote:

We are very happy with Bria mobile from Counterpath as a softphone.


I doubt that Meraki MC would support 3rd party softphone(s). in fact I hope they do not, as I am looking for the simplicity and functionality an internally developed app could bring with some tight integration with Apple Call Kit, Etc. OR leverage the recent Cisco/Apple relationship even more a build in Meraki MC call and/or Cisco Spark call and meeting capabilities right into iOS (read no softphone app required). Doing so would make for a truly simplified yet powerful user experience Apple so frequently talks about with such partnerships yet so seldom achieves. 

Cohort Networks Inc.
Your Business. Connected.
Head in the Cloud

Re: Softphone for Meraki MC


@Cohort_Networks wrote:

@Uberseehandel wrote:

We are very happy with Bria mobile from Counterpath as a softphone.


I doubt that Meraki MC would support 3rd party softphone(s). in fact I hope they do not, as I am looking for the simplicity and functionality an internally developed app could bring with some tight integration with Apple Call Kit, Etc. OR leverage the recent Cisco/Apple relationship even more a build in Meraki MC call and/or Cisco Spark call and meeting capabilities right into iOS (read no softphone app required). Doing so would make for a truly simplified yet powerful user experience Apple so frequently talks about with such partnerships yet so seldom achieves. 


Counterpart has a Softphone SDK that is designed to allow developers to deliver the kind of interface you are looking for. If Meraki don't have to reinvent the wheel, they are much more likely to have something distributable in the foreseeable future.

Robin St.Clair | Principal, Caithness Analytics | @uberseehandel
New here

Re: Softphone for Meraki MC

Seconded here, can't push the MC platform to customers without this option.  Need softphone apps native to the OSes including mobile..

Head in the Cloud

Re: Softphone for Meraki MC

correction counterpath - http://www.counterpath.com/sdk/
Robin St.Clair | Principal, Caithness Analytics | @uberseehandel
Bin
Conversationalist

Re: Softphone for Meraki MC

Definitely need that function to be available soon!

 

We are evaluating MC right now for mass roll out, and the softphone function is one of the key functions we really want! Cisco IP phone system has it, it should be easy for Meraki to get the codes, no?

Head in the Cloud

Re: Softphone for Meraki MC


@Bin wrote:

Definitely need that function to be available soon!

 

. . .  Cisco IP phone system has it, it should be easy for Meraki to get the codes, no?


Cisco is a technology partner of Counterpath.

Counterpath's Bria works with the Cisco system - see - https://supportforums.cisco.com/t5/ip-telephony/counterpath-bria-iphone-with-cme-multiple-extensions...

Who needs a round tuit?

Robin St.Clair | Principal, Caithness Analytics | @uberseehandel
Getting noticed

Re: Softphone for Meraki MC

Again, highly doubt Cisco Meraki cares what Counterpath has when they (Cisco) already have all the voice functionality they would need for a soft phone in their Cisco Spark client. Calls coming from their MC system would simply come through as a voice call on the Spark client. Who wants to configure third-part apps when something like the Spark or other Meraki branded client would be virtually plug and play.
Cohort Networks Inc.
Your Business. Connected.
Getting noticed

Re: Softphone for Meraki MC

@CJ_Ramsey third time this week alone that Meraki Mc is out of the running as a solution due to lack of soft phone support.
Cohort Networks Inc.
Your Business. Connected.
Head in the Cloud

Re: Softphone for Meraki MC

I'm not sure how many softphone apps Cisco has, but I keep coming across references to various ones being being at EOL.
It may well involve less inter-group hassle to get hold of the Counterpath SDK and take it from there.
Robin St.Clair | Principal, Caithness Analytics | @uberseehandel
Getting noticed

Re: Softphone for Meraki MC

Any update on this?   When will we have Spark integration with Meraki?

Bruce Winters
Head in the Cloud

Re: Softphone for Meraki MC

I find Spark very convenient, but I'd rather have a virtual MC on my mobile.

Robin St.Clair | Principal, Caithness Analytics | @uberseehandel