cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MC replacement product

Comes here often

MC replacement product

So, looks like the MC is done.

We don't sell phones currently, the MC was going to be our entrance to the market.  We purchased phones for ourselves right before they pulled the product line.  It didn't take long for us to see the deficiencies and reason the product line wouldn't work for our clients, but we held out hope that these things would be resolved and we'd be able to sell this gorgeous hardware in the future.

So no huge loss for us, thank goodness!  I can't imagine the discussions being had right now in regards to project labour losses large implementations.

Anyway, the point of my post.

What are you moving to?

Are you an expert in phone solutions, or did you sell the Meraki phone because it fit in with the stack?

My answer:

Unsure what to move to, but we left RingCentral for good reason and won't be going back.

We're not at all phone techs here, we took the Meraki on for our office so we could see if it's a solution we can sell as part of the Meraki stack.  If the product we move to were something we can manage and implement in simple environments, then I would consider adding it to our product portfolio.

10 REPLIES 10
Kind of a big deal

Re: MC replacement product

Was there a formal announcement on the MCs somewhere?

Note:  We are a full stack Meraki shop with the exception of the MCs

Adam R MS | CISSP, CISM, VCP, MCITP, CCNP, ITILv3, CMNO
If this was helpful click the Kudo button below
If my reply solved your issue, please mark it as a solution.
Building a reputation

Yeah .. the fire is spreading quick on this ... so MC is now dead?

Kind of a big deal

I wouldn't be surprised to see something happen between Meraki and another Cisco acquisition, Broadsoft. But that's totally just a guess on my part.

Here to help

We are also wondering what we will be using to replace this.  It's sad because we also had hope that with the addition of a few features this could have been a great solution for the SMB market.

We have 1 customer and our internal people using the MC phones so we are going to start the search for what to replace this with.  My hope would be something cloud hosted from Intelepeer will fit the bill but I don't know if they have a hosted PBX offering.

Even if we could get the software free I don't see getting a full blown Call Manager solution for our small business as a good solution.

Mike

Michael Kozicki
CCIE #5367
MJK Net Inc.
Meraki Employee

Hi everyone,

To set the record straight, Meraki is, in fact, discontinuing the MC phone product. We made this decision only after deep consideration of our customers, our teams and our product strategy. It wasn't an easy decision, but we ultimately believe it's the best course of action. More details can be found here

Lawrence

Building a reputation

Hmm.  “from on-premise to cloud-powered options” 

Here to help

I had 71 MC-74 phones at 6 locations.  I had to replace them all at my (labour) cost.  Cisco provided a Webex Cloud Solution that I am using.  Let me know if anyone want more information.  Beware.  There is no support for Fax or other Analog port services.

Here to help

Are you saying that you switched to the WebEX calling product?  We changed over to that also and you can use the ATA-190SC in order to get a POTS line connected to that service.  We have our fax number set up on one and it seems to work fine.

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/products/collateral/unified-communications/webex-calling-app/at-a-...

They are showing end of sale on the 190 but I see that it is being replaced with the 191 so I would think there would still be a dedicated version for WebEx calling.

Michael Kozicki
CCIE #5367
MJK Net Inc.
Here to help

We are on an all cloud Webex Product.  We have no communicators manager.  No equipment beside phones. No way to configure an ATA device that I am aware of.

Highlighted
Here to help

If you have what I think  you have then this guide should assist you.

https://help.webex.com/en-us/p9fkxl/Get-Started-with-Your-New-ATA-190-SC

You may need to get the reseller that you purchased your WebEx calling from to assist with setting you up another license to allow you to have another device and phone number for the ATA.

Michael Kozicki
CCIE #5367
MJK Net Inc.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.