cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a DND (Do not disturb) button/option somewhere that I am not finding?

Here to help

Is there a DND (Do not disturb) button/option somewhere that I am not finding?

I am used to most phones having a DND button typically right on the main screen somewhere.  Am I just blind and not seeing it or is there not one?

5 REPLIES
Kind of a big deal

Re: Is there a DND (Do not disturb) button/option somewhere that I am not finding?

Alas you might have to unplug the Ethernet cord on the back ...

Head in the Cloud

Re: Is there a DND (Do not disturb) button/option somewhere that I am not finding?

In the mean time you could do what I do - forward all calls to one of my sipgate numbers and block that number on my mobile phone client that I use to pick up calls from my VoIP numbers. When I unblock it, I get all the messages. As a basic SIP number is usual free, or very close to it, it is cost effective. And very convenient, it saves people making toll international toll calls, small businesses don't like making international calls to tell you the taxi is waiting, for example.

Robin St.Clair | Principal, Caithness Analytics | @uberseehandel
Here to help

I was afraid of that.  Maybe next release.

Here to help

So one of my users answered the question themselves.  They just turned the ringer volume down all the way.  That works, a few more clicks than just clicking a button but it works. 

Highlighted
Head in the Cloud

Turas wrote:

So one of my users answered the question themselves.  They just turned the ringer volume down all the way.  That works, a few more clicks than just clicking a button but it works. 

Depending upon the carrier, it may work, but generally you are just a pr!ck who doesn't answer their phone. Far better to divert to a number that that either passes the call through, or politely explains that the called party cannot take the call at the present time.

Robin St.Clair | Principal, Caithness Analytics | @uberseehandel
Community News

View all community news »