cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call Forwarding--Caller ID Setup

Highlighted
New here

Call Forwarding--Caller ID Setup

When folks in my office are on the road, we have calls forward to personal cell phones. When a call is forwarded to a personal cell phone, there doesn't seem to be a way to differentiate a personal and business call on caller ID. Does anyone know how to set up caller ID to show when a call is business related?

7 REPLIES 7
Kind of a big deal

Re: Call Forwarding--Caller ID Setup

I have a private and a business sipgate number. My softphone client (Bria) shows which line the call is coming in on.
Robin St.Clair | Principal, Caithness Analytics | @uberseehandel
New here

I was told that Cisco Meraki doesn't integrate with any 3rd party softphones, including Bria. Do you have Meraki phones? If so, how have you gotten them to integrate with Bria?

Kind of a big deal

@tjl_ci_alva wrote:

I was told that Cisco Meraki doesn't integrate with any 3rd party softphones, including Bria. Do you have Meraki phones? If so, how have you gotten them to integrate with Bria?

You just forward the office phone to one of the (voip) numbers that Bria is configured to answer. Neither the sip provider nor Bria cares what the calling in number is.

I use this all the time on international contracts, careful shopping allows one to acquire/collect VoIP numbers (that look like fixed line or mobile numbers) for nothing. 

New here

Got it. Would the Bria app need its own voip provider (and the additional cost that is incurred)? 

Kind of a big deal

See my answer above - I pay about USD10 per annum for Bria, and I have my VoIP numbers for free - It is very cost effective. Pick the right sip provider and you can get fixed cost packages to meet NA/EUR/AUS requirements. 

Kind of a big deal

Theis fixed cost packages are for outgoing calls from the Bria equipped mobile phone. You can make encrypted Bria - Bria calls. There is no cost for receiving the calls over WiFi, only if they have to be forwarded via a MNO, and that cost falls on the person/organisation calling/forwarding. There are ways of minimising those costs as well ;-[]
New here

Is there any cost will charge if we Call forwarding to mobile from Cisco Phone?

Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.