cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Afterhours IVR??

Here to help

Afterhours IVR??

Any idea when we'll be able to configure an after-hours IVR for my clients....? I've made this wish going on  two years now.... It's embarrassing this feature has yet to be developed.

2018-07-31_11-56-16.png 

15 REPLIES
Kind of a big deal

Re: Afterhours IVR??

I don't know a ton about the IVR system but could you just set up an IVR on a dedicated extension and forward the calls to that extension on an after-hours schedule?  Just trying to think of workarounds for you since that limitation below seems silly. 

Adam R MS | CISSP, CISM, VCP, MCITP, CCNP, ITILv3, CMNO
If this was helpful click the Kudo button below
If my reply solved your issue, please mark it as a solution.
Here to help

One of the first things I tried, long ago. This is also not possible.

Kind of a big deal

A few more brainstorms:

Could the user manually forward to an extension that has the IVR at end of the day when leaving?  Or could they put their phone in a busy mode that triggers the IVR tied to their extension?  Or possibly set the IVR on their extension and just have it trigger after 4+ rings so they'll pick up before the menu triggers during the day and the IVR will be a backup and pickup after hours after 3/4 rings?

Sorry for the vague suggestions.  We have a Cisco phone system so I'm sure it's different.  Although we have had to come up with some creative solutions to stuff.  

Here to help

Could the user manually forward to an extension that has the IVR at end of the day when leaving? This is an interesting idea. I will see if this is possible.

Or could they put their phone in a busy mode that triggers the IVR tied to their extension?  Not a configurable feature of the MC product line.

Or possibly set the IVR on their extension and just have it trigger after 4+ rings so they'll pick up before the menu triggers during the day and the IVR will be a backup and pickup after hours after 3/4 rings? Not a configurable feature of the MC product line.

Sorry for the vague suggestions.  We have a Cisco phone system so I'm sure it's different.  Although we have had to come up with some creative solutions to stuff.  I appreciate your help/insight. Your first work around/suggestion is something that I nor Cisco Meraki  support had not previously thought about in the ~2 years we've had this solution in place. I will try it and let you know.

Kind of a big deal

Wouldn't be a perfect solution since it is manual but better than nothing.  What are the drop-down selection options in the IVR for "When should calls be directed to this menu?"

Kind of a big deal

@OnwardSolutions I thought of another tricky/hack solution for you.  Not sure it would work exactly but I'll do the best to explain.  So let's say 1111 is your main number that customers dial.

Schedule IVR for M-F 0000-0800
Set 'What should happen at other times?' to send to 1112

Schedule IVR for M-F 1630-2400
Set 'What should happen at other times? ' to send to Receptionist 1113

1113 - Receptionist
No IVR just normal phone with voicemail.  Should only get calls between M-F 0800-1630

Head in the Cloud

@OnwardSolutions as we don't have these products available in NZ yet I cant really help but have you mentioned this to your account manager. You migh have more luck venting with them as opposed to making a wish.

Also log a support case they may have a work around and you could voice your frustrations through them as well.  

To be honest a phone system needs to be very flexable and have a ton of features to cover almost every sceanario. 

Meraki CMNO, Ruckus WISE, Sonicwall CSSA, Allied Telesis CASE & CAI
Here to help

@OnwardSolutions as we don't have these products available in NZ yet I cant really help but have you mentioned this to your account manager. You migh have more luck venting with them as opposed to making a wish. Done 1 1/2 years ago.

Also log a support case they may have a work around and you could voice your frustrations through them as well.  Done 1 1/2 years ago; they've been "working" on the solution.

To be honest a phone system needs to be very flexable and have a ton of features to cover almost every sceanario. Sure this is a given however, setting up flexible call routing + scheduling features is the most basic functionality expected of a modern day telephony solution.

Head in the Cloud

@OnwardSolutions Sure this is a given however, setting up flexible call routing + scheduling features is the most basic functionality expected of a modern day telephony solution. Agree 100% and if I was in your situation I would be just as annoyed.

All I can suggest is go back to your account manager and rattle the cage. Ask to speak to someone at Meraki if your sales rep doesn't work for Meraki. 

Meraki CMNO, Ruckus WISE, Sonicwall CSSA, Allied Telesis CASE & CAI
Here to help

I have, being a guiding light to others who are still considering a product line and on this forum is also part of my "rattling the cage" campaign. 

Kind of a big deal

@OnwardSolutions try some of the workarounds suggested above and keep us posted on the results.  Let's keep the dialog going here.  There are a lot of bright minds that can come up with some workarounds until they fix the scheduling. 

Here to help

If you want to process calls during business hours with an IVR Menu (as opposed to a live operator), the following should point you in the right direction.

1. Create a Daytime IVR Menu.  Assign a public number to it and enable the schedule for your appropriate business hours.
  2. Create an After-Hours IVR menu.  Do NOT assign a public number to it.  Select Always for the Schedule.  Since there's no public phone number assigned, it can only be reached from another extension within the same system.
  3. Set the Daytime IVR Menu to Transfer outside Scheduled Hours.  As @Adam has already mentioned, on the Daytime IVR Menu setup, enter Transfer to another IVR Menu and select the After-Hours IVR menu you created above.

The expected behavior is that inbound calls during business hours will be processed by the Daytime IVR Menu, and  inbound calls outside of business hours will be processed by the After-Hours IVR Menu. 

I have tested this scenario on my system and it works as described.  Hope this helps you out.

Here to help

If this works, it was recently fixed. I've tried this exact config with not avail. I'll try it out again and confirm findings.

Here to help

Looking at the image in your OP, it's not quite what I'm describing Smiley Happy 

Here are a couple of screenshots of my test setup for reference:

Business Hours IVR setttings_2.pngBusiness Hours IVR Menu settingsAfter Hours IVR setttings_1.pngAfter-Hours IVR Menu settings

New here

@OnwardSolutions wrote:

Any idea when we'll be able to configure an after-hours IVR for my clients....? I've made this wish going on  two years now.... It's embarrassing this feature has yet to be developed.

2018-07-31_11-56-16.png 

One of the main things I attempted, long back. This is likewise unrealistic.