One minute they are there, next minute they aren't

SVTWeb
Here to help

One minute they are there, next minute they aren't

We are doing a PoC on adding the Catalyst 9K switches to our Meraki dashboard. Our new LAN standard is Meraki, but we still have several sites that were the the last to be migrated to the Cisco 9K that still have several years of depreciation before they can be converted. 

in the last 24 hours all of our switch PoC sites have went offline within the Meraki dashboard.  We have checked the swtich logs and they show no issues.  CPU and Memory are well within acceptable parameters.  Firewall rules have not changed and there are no ISP issues. 

Has anyone else had this happen?

6 Replies 6
cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

We have had the same, I was worried that the port channel deletion had happened again, but they came back after 10-15 minutes...

cmr_0-1675779285729.png

The above is the last day

SVTWeb
Here to help

Things were going great for a couple weeks, then...   

Meraki-Cat9K.png

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Ouch, I'm feeling quite lucky now!

JoeA
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

There is currently an issue that is causing some monitored switches to incorrectly appear as offline/unreachable in Dashboard. The issue specifically affects cloud monitored Cat9k switches (not Meraki MS switches) in Dashboard organizations that are hosted in the North America cluster. This doesn't affect the functionality of the switch itself. We're working to resolve this as quickly as possible. We apologize for the confusion and any alarm that this caused!

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Thanks @JoeA , ours are in Europe but were only offline for 10-15 minutes, presumably related?

SVTWeb
Here to help

Everything just came back to life and I was able to onboard another site. All is good with the world again. 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.