Class 1 Division 2 Compliance

NateA-gas
New here

Class 1 Division 2 Compliance

We are a meraki shop and we have industrial environments. Our guys on site are very adamant that the equipment we put in is Class 1 Division 2 compliant. I cannot find in any of the documentation for our Meraki devices that they are compliant with this. I know that PoE powered devices are inherently compliant, but they require that there is some piece of material stating this compliance. Has anyone dealt with this or know where I can find the documentation saying this?

3 Replies 3
Ryan_Miles
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

To my knowledge no Meraki product is Class 1 Division 2 compliant and would need to be placed into an enclosure that is rated as such if required.

Ryan / Meraki SE

If you found this post helpful, please give it Kudos. If my answer solved your problem click Accept as Solution so others can benefit from it.
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

As much as I love Meraki, you do need to choose the right solution for the problem.  In this case, you might need to look at Cisco Enterprise products for this need (they definitely have these certification options).

Often, people ask this question because it is safety-critical, and we don't want people to get hurt.

You might get super lucky and find some products that can be managed by Meraki still.

I did find this. I think it might be adequate as it meets the the requirements. https://tessco-product-images-commerce-cloud-prod.s3.amazonaws.com/Resources/236671_Div+2+Zone+2+Wir...

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels